Bank Mum On 2m Baht Claim For Seizing The Wrong House

webfact

4 hours ago, itsari said:

It was not intentional comment can only make depositors feel far from secure if there money should go missing from there account .

Maybe all these members of the "scared of your own shadow" brigade, the retiree's who have 800.000 Baht in their Thai bank for their retirement extensions, will have second thoughts and draw it out, and do their retirement extensions elsewhere.

Edited by possum1931
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

Now, if this 'unintentional law' is indeed a thing and a law in this country, than they will have a fight on their hands, if not, the bank don'd have a leg to stand on, but TIT, and bizarre laws and rules are not unheard of in this country...

Maybe I can forget to do my next 90 day report and not bother with renewing my annual retirement extensions, then when Immigration catch up with me, I can just say it was unintentional.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MikeN said:

It’s a  Trinkism for explain anything weird and wonderful that happens here...”This Is Thailand”

What, you don’t know what a Trinkism is ?

You don’t know who Bernard Trink was ?

To be fair, he was big many years ago. I remember him in the 90s when he had a 2 page column in the Friday Bangkok Post. 

Dirty old pervert. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

To be fair, he was big many years ago. I remember him in the 90s when he had a 2 page column in the Friday Bangkok Post. 

Dirty old pervert. 

Legend 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, frankie machine said:

incredible.  and they refuse to pay because it was "not intentional"???

With reasons like that, insurances can refuse to pay for there car driving clients who had a accident under influence of alcohol or drugs, that it was not intentional !?!?!

12 hours ago, webfact said:

saying the error was not intentional.

However they mentioned that some of the assets were kept in another location but others had been destroyed, such as clothes, old books, pictures and collectables, including their children’s belongings which have sentimental value and cannot be replaced.

Unbelievable! They claim the ‘error’ was not intentional. So what? If I rear-end a car in front of me, do I not have to pay for the damage when I claim it was not my intention to ram them from behind? That’s ridiculous. And destroying people’s property is unforgivable. Why not just give back the books and pictures and such that have no value to others, but great sentimental value to the owners?

I would sue the pants off that bank and ask for a lot more in compensation than 2 million baht. Talk about stupid, rude and utterly disrespectful behavior, they should be made to pay through their nose!

Something doesn't add up here.

This is a straight forward case of burglary and trespass. With the former being a major criminal offence.

The perpetrator should be brought in front of court of law and sentenced accordingly. Police should have a duty to initiate proceedings on these criminal matters. Discussions about compensations should follow afterwards or in a separate civil case.

Edited by Morakot
  • Like 2

The missus just told me that the bank had the place stripped, then fully re-decorated inside and out prior to putting it up far sale.

Looking at the photo in the OP, that seems likely to be correct.

Owner should still get appropriate compensation for all the missing goods - especially family photos and other sentimental items. But, how do you put a price on such things?

50 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

The missus just told me that the bank had the place stripped, then fully re-decorated inside and out prior to putting it up far sale.

Looking at the photo in the OP, that seems likely to be correct.

Owner should still get appropriate compensation for all the missing goods - especially family photos and other sentimental items. But, how do you put a price on such things?

This is gross negligence, at the very least. Their defense that it was ‘not intentional’ is completely ludicrous. The owners should sue that bank for as much as they possibly can. 

19 hours ago, 2baht said:

Thailand

Rule # 1...Never admit your wrong

Rule # 2...Blame someone else

Rule # 3...Vacant smile

Rule # 4...???? Khup

What does "Khup" mean? I can't find it in any English dictionary.

20 hours ago, hellohello123 said:

Only in Thailand........

There was a lot of this in the US in the wake of the 2008 economic fiasco.  None of the banks owned up with "oops, sorry!", the owners had to lawyer up, go through legal channels.

12 hours ago, carabaothai said:

Bank not named? ????????

Just look at the original page on Thainewsroom website

The last picture shows the lock of the bank and we can easily guess which bank it is ????????????????, with the color and logo. 

The picture of the lock with a yellow splotch in the middle? That must be why some people call it the yellow bank.

When I transferred money to that bank, the first few letters of the SWIFT had I had to type were AYUD.

On 10/4/2022 at 9:27 PM, Puccini said:

The picture of the lock with a yellow splotch in the middle? That must be why some people call it the yellow bank.

When I transferred money to that bank, the first few letters of the SWIFT had I had to type were AYUD.

I see I made a wrong guess. It is the Government Savings Bank: