Penang Now Offering 1yr Multiple Entry Non O

I got my Multiple Entry Type B in Kuala Lumpur last week. I didn't expect it. Penang wouldn't give me one three months ago. Nor Vientiane in December or KL last September.

Which just goes to show you that it never hurts to ask.

What is the difference betwee a non O and a type B multiple entry visa

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does this have anyhing to do with my girlfriend's problem???

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=127404

I don't think your problem is related to tourist visa applications in Penang. My GF from the Philippines has had no trouble at all collecting tourist visas there.

I would suggest that you should try there. The OP has just done what many people enjoy to do on this forum i.e. scare mongering.

An interesting parallel to your story would be that my GF would not attempt to apply for a tourist visa in Manila as they would almost certainly refuse her....exactly the same problem you have with your Burmese GF.

hi, but my gf requires a visa to leave the country, if she didnt get approved in yangon, where else can she go??

Are you saying that she can't leave Burma to go anywhere without a visa?

Why couldn't she fly to Malaysia? Burnese citizens are part of the ASEAN group of nations so she would not need a visa to enter Malaysia.

I understand from what you are saying that she cannot get back into Thailand immediately because they consider she's had too many visas or stamps, but this should not apply to Malaysia.

The do require a visa but it is available on arrival on proof of funds.

Visa required.

However, if coming for touristic purposes, visa can be obtained

on arrival, for a max. stay of 30 days (no extension possible),

provided arriving at:

- Kota Kinabalu International Airport; or

- Kuala Lumpur International Airport; or

- Pulau Pinang International Airport; or

- Senai International Airport.

Fee: MYR 100.- (in local currency only).

Visitor must hold:

- return or onward ticket; and

- sufficient funds (at least USD 500.-).

I do apologize for the error. Myanmar is the exception amongst all the ASEAN countries, but going according to Lopburi3's list it shouldn't be difficult for her to get the visa on arrival for Malaysia.

Hi,just checked out the new prices they are as follows as of the 2nd July.

Tourist Visa single entry 28 pounds

Tourist Visa Double entry 56 pounds

Tourist Visa Triple entry 84 pounds

Multiple Entry Non Immigrant O visas are available now? So what about Multiple Entry Tourist Visas? Listing prices doesn't explicitly tell anything about availability.

I got my Multiple Entry Type B in Kuala Lumpur last week. I didn't expect it. Penang wouldn't give me one three months ago. Nor Vientiane in December or KL last September.

Which just goes to show you that it never hurts to ask.

What is the difference betwee a non O and a type B multiple entry visa

The reasons they were issued. B is for business or working. O is for family visits, retirement and other reasons not covered in normal visa categories. You will find people with O visa working (spouse of Thai) but the visa was not issued for that purpose.

Multiple Entry Non Immigrant O visas are available now? So what about Multiple Entry Tourist Visas? Listing prices doesn't explicitly tell anything about availability.

Those prices are from the UK Consulates.

Multiple Tourist Visa? They exist??

Google the websites for the Thai consulates in Europe and look up the information. :o

Sixth rule of business - if you have a captive market, fleece it.

We'll find out soon enough.

mhm, okay. maybe it's getting a little bit more expensive in penang now.

if i compare the prices from UK with USofA, pretty different. same for the thai embassy in germany. they have no new prices yet but the old one are TR 30(60/90), NON 50 (120).

http://www.thaiembassy.de/consul/13_visa.htm

for penang i didn't found the price for multiple Non, but for a single TR. 100 malay ringit

so let's compare this

in thai baht it should be 1900 baht = 205 ringit.

30 euro fee from german embassy are 140 ringit, UK charge £28.00 = 194 ringit. but 30 US$ are only 104 ringit.

thats looks strange and untrue, but i don't where i am wrong here. no idea why it was (is) so cheap in penang and in the US.

or is and was it 200 ringit for a TR visa in penang?

so now maybe they double the price and not only 3 GPB more like in UK.

but even then not that BIG money, or? but maybe some bananas visa 'agent' losing money, because they are losing customers amongst the one of us are really on budget.

did the last visa applying by myself as well and it's not the big deal, since there is not so much to do in penang anyway. and i doubt any 'agent' can offer you a better or faster process or higher your chances of success for what ever kind of visa you apply.

and is still believe "Major price increases due July 1 worldwide" sounds much more scary as it is necessary. specially when there are so many rumours around. you have to be more careful with your fellow sufferer, some of them even get killed by somtam.

Parvez Book Store

Mr. Mohamed Anwar

419 Chulia St. 10200 Penang, Malaysia

i have also used Parvez off and on since 1992.

they are honest and truthful, have great communication skills and understand fully your mindset and the importance of the task at hand.

they are always polite and have never been late with the return of my documents.

others may have something else to say about Parvez, but i find them easy and painless to deal with.

and, it has always been one of two guys over all of these years that are there to assist.

i have also rented motor bikes from them, never had a glitch with that either, nor with changing money, getting photos and any thing else you may need in Penang.

i have always stayed at the Hong Ping Hotel on Chulia street.

chinese owned and managed, small rooms, but clean.

polite staff and they have taken reservations by phone and Fax.

they may try to avoid that, but just say that you are a business person that needs to confirm and that you have stayed there before.

also give them your flight number if coming by air, that usually seals the deal with them.

it is a popular place for Chinese business people, so do not expect to find a room on arrival unless you arrive before noon and are able to get one that is being vacated.

//advertising removed - google for information//

NOTE: the only thing i suggest with Hong Ping is bring a towel if you are the kind of person who likes a towel and not a dish cloth after showering.

downstairs there used to be (don't know if it is still there) a chinese vegetarian restaurant that serves up a great buffet lunch.

truly authentic, hand-made, in-house vegetarian, something that BKK does not have a lot of.

if it is gone, there is another one near the police station, if my memory serves me well, it is on the right side of the station when facing the front door.

enjoy, not easy to do in Penang if u have been more than once. :o

Does anyone know what the rules for a NonO marriage visa are regarding money. I know that it used to be that you had to show 400,000 in the bank, but I spoke to an immigration officer not long ago who said the this has changed.

I'm going to Penang on the 9th to get a tourist visa, but if it's possible to get a non O that would be great. Please let me know exactly what I would need to bring with me.

Thanks

BBTJ

If you are married to a Thai why would you go to Penang to obtain a tourist visa? You can easily obtain a non immigrant O visa from them which will provide a 90 day stay. Take marriage certificate and copy, copy of wife ID card and passport if she has one and to be safe a current note from her inviting you to stay with her. I am sure that and the normal paperwork will get at least a single entry. And they may be able to issue a multi entry non immigrant O visa (especially of you have a bank account you can show them). This visa allows unlimited 90 day visits for up to one year.

Singapore will issue multi with above and proof of 400k in a bank account anywhere.

For extension of stays (from Immigration) the new requirement is to have 40k per month family income. They no longer accept 400k bank accounts for new applications.

This whole visa subject is confusing me for sure. For starters I am here on a Non imm. type 'O' visa obtained in the UK, but me and my partner are not married and infact she is no longer Thai, she is a nationalized German, although we do have a child together. So reading this forum I'm begining to wonder how I managed to obtain my visa?

More to the point how do I go about getting a new visa or an extension of this visa when the time comes? I was hoping to just pop down to Peneng and get it renewed but that doesn't sound very likely!

Edited by RJS

If you are married to a Thai why would you go to Penang to obtain a tourist visa? You can easily obtain a non immigrant O visa from them which will provide a 90 day stay. Take marriage certificate and copy, copy of wife ID card and passport if she has one and to be safe a current note from her inviting you to stay with her. I am sure that and the normal paperwork will get at least a single entry. And they may be able to issue a multi entry non immigrant O visa (especially of you have a bank account you can show them). This visa allows unlimited 90 day visits for up to one year.

Singapore will issue multi with above and proof of 400k in a bank account anywhere.

For extension of stays (from Immigration) the new requirement is to have 40k per month family income. They no longer accept 400k bank accounts for new applications.

That mean Immigration will no longer ask for a bank book,and they will be ok with a letter from my[german]embassy what says i get 40000 or Baht every month?I am not married but have a daughter with a Thai lady

That mean Immigration will no longer ask for a bank book,and they will be ok with a letter from my[german]embassy what says i get 40000 or Baht every month?I am not married but have a daughter with a Thai lady

If you are not married then this does not apply to you.

As said this applies to those married or married with children. The is no provision for extension of stay for those who have fathered children. But if you are over age 50 and your child wants you to live with them there is a provision.

Update from Malaysia as promised:

I'm at New Banana Guesthouse on Chulia St and have just handed in an applicatioon for a non-imm o for 12 months. There's a chap at the bar who's applied for a non-imm B for 12 months too.

The word from the agents is that in the middle of June, the restrictions placed in October last year regarding the issuance of multi-entry non-imm visas was lifted. It is still not possible to get a 12 month tourist visa from Penang.

I've not go into requirements with her as there are too many permutations. But I've gone with a copy of my rental agreement, marriage certficate and wife's ID card and she thinks that'll be enough, though in an email she did suggest a bank book for a Thai bank account, but I don't have one.

She did say that some agents are not making this common knowledge as they'll lose income. These are her words.

I'll know if I'm successful in the next couple of days, but it seems pretty conclusive to me at least: 12 month multi-entry non-imms can be applied for once again in Penang.

Contact these people for more details:

//advertising web links and emails removed - Google the guesthouse if you need contact//

I can also confirm what's been posted above regarding visa from Penang. I arrived today (27 June) and my agency (NT Books) on Chulia also stated that multi-entry non-imms were now available. The exact documentation required varies depending on the specific visa requested. I didn't know this prior to arrival so didn't bring any of my documents with me so just applied for my usual tourist visa. He confirmed that multi-entry T's were still not available.

Cost for everything (visa and services) for single-entry T-visa RM 120.

Decent standard room at Malaysia Hotel at RM 99 per nite net.

Pokey in-room wireless internet at RM 11.50 per 24 hour period.

Well, it's out into the street for some Indian street food :o

I can also confirm what's been posted above regarding visa from Penang. I arrived today (27 June) and my agency (NT Books) on Chulia also stated that multi-entry non-imms were now available. The exact documentation required varies depending on the specific visa requested. I didn't know this prior to arrival so didn't bring any of my documents with me so just applied for my usual tourist visa. He confirmed that multi-entry T's were still not available.

As further confirmation, I just got an e-mail from my visa agent in Penang as follows.

"... now in penang can make non immigrant visa one year if you have workpermit and company paper all you cam make nonimmigrant visa one yeaar,if you married bring married paper we can make non immigrnt visa one year.tourist visa can make the prise RM 130 INCLUDING SERVICE CHARGE.non immigrant visa one year RM600.INGLUDING SERVICE CHARGE.tks"

So, yeah, the only tourist visas available are the single-entry types, at the same price as before, apparently.

No need for any income requirements for a multi-entry Non O now in Penang?

As long as you're married to a Thai and go with the marriage certificate, copy ID card? As it was a few years ago?

I'll believe it when people say they've done it. Back to the "good old days". I hope so.

In the meantime, I'm off on another 90 day run in an hour.

As further confirmation, I just got an e-mail from my visa agent in Penang as follows.

"... now in penang can make non immigrant visa one year if you have workpermit and company paper all you cam make nonimmigrant visa one yeaar,if you married bring married paper we can make non immigrnt visa one year.tourist visa can make the prise RM 130 INCLUDING SERVICE CHARGE.non immigrant visa one year RM600.INGLUDING SERVICE CHARGE.tks"

I would guess that the paperwork requirements stated above probably were *not* comprehensive, but the non-imm visa is a non-issue for me anyway. I too will be heading down there on another 90-day run sometime after the middle of the month.

I thought it was interesting that the price he quoted for the tourist visa didn't reflect the price increases discussed elsewhere in this thread and others.

Non Immigrant ''O'' Multiple entry 100 pounds

Hope this helps

It's better if you quote prices in Baht, or for this destination, Ringit.

JR Texas: To me it was very clear.......I just converted the pounds to kilograms and figured out how much it was going to cost......... :o:D :D

However I would not be surprised if the mfa instruction was used as a smokescreen to substantially increase the price in Malaysia to take advantage of the recent surge in visa applications. Sixth rule of business - if you have a captive market, fleece it.

This is not limited to Thailand.

Look at the rate of exchange used by the British Embassy.

I'll believe it when people say they've done it.

I've just been given my passport with a 12 month non-imm O visa in it :-)

I've already described what I bought with me a few messages back so won't do it again.

I can't guarantee it'll be the same for everyone, but I have all the proof I need for now, and a big weight is off my mind.

Excellent :-))

How much for a one year single entry non-immigrant O visa???? What are my chances of getting it with 30,000 baht in my bank account?

Not much I think. Do you want only the 3 months , or do you want extension withe the single O ?

Cause I think the multiple would do, or do you mean this instead of single ?

For the multi are no requirements , have to be married or over 50 . If non of them both multiple or single are not even a chance , so I do not get your question straight ......

I am really sorry if I appear to be a "bit on the thick side" but if I want to apply for a Non-Immigrant Multiple Entry, do I need to have proof of any money in Thai OR UK bank accounts?

So, yeah, the only tourist visas available are the single-entry types, at the same price as before, apparently.

So: what company papers do I need along with my original work permit to apply for a Non-Imm multiple 1 year B Visa in Penag? Anybody can help???

Thanks

I am really sorry if I appear to be a "bit on the thick side" but if I want to apply for a Non-Immigrant Multiple Entry, do I need to have proof of any money in Thai OR UK bank accounts?

I just got one with marriage certificate to Thai national, rental agreement and copy of wife's Id card.

However the agent did tell me that it is best to have proof of funds in a Thai bank wherever possible. They didn't mention a specific amount, just the more the better.

It seems like a new dude is in charge at the Penang embassy and he's more relaxed about certain visa requirements than the previous chap. The agents said something about him being a family man himself, so maybe this affects married or married with children going for the non-imm O multi-entry. Their words not mine.

Edited by markwhite

As for price increases, there is no increase in the GBP figure for non imm multi visas.

There are small increases for all visa types.

According to Hull (I added their old fees in brackets):

NEW VISA FEES

The following new fees apply to all visa issued on and after 02 July 2007

Tourist Visa with single entre = (£25.00) £28.00

Tourist Visa with double entry = (£50.00) £56.00

Tourist Visa with triple entry = (£75.00) £84.00

Non-Immigrant Visa with single entry = (£40.00) £45.00

Non-Immigrant Visa with multiple entries = (£90.00) £100.00

This post helps me quite a bit. I am finally starting to understand the difference between a new visa and an immigration extension of stay. Are immigration extensions of stay typically one year? Proof of income based on my present employment here in the US might be best before I jump into the Thai economy.

I never mentioned my age is 52, but I am trying for a work permit rather than a retirement visa. I am coming on a 90 day non-O to get married in July.

This news about Penang could very well help my situation if I need to do visas instead of extensions of stay.

John

Most extensions of stay, other than the tourist visa, at one year. If you are working that can also lead to extensions of stay. You are correct that you do not want retirement if you intend to work.

But one thing to remember is that nothing commits you to a lifetime - you can always change visa/extensions if your situation changes.