Vicious teacher who beat student black and blue - "let off because he's close to retirement"

webfact

image.jpeg

77kaoded Thai Caption: A "cruel" model for society

A father who went online to show the horrendous injuries his son suffered at school at the hands of a teacher decided to stop short of reporting the incident to police.

His own P5 son told him that the teacher was close to retirement and he admitted that he had submitted three sets of homework late.

Reporters at the school in Nakhon Nayok found a deputy director and a head of P5 - but no teacher or director.

The class teacher has reportedly admitted what he has done.

He allegedly said to the 10 year old pupil that if he told his parents to tell them the full story about not submitting his homework, reported 77kaoded.

The parent went with a measured approach to the issue on Facebook saying he believed in his son facing punishment.

But many netizens agreed that even in post corporal punishment Thailand this was well over the top.

Others said they had been hit by the teacher concerned at the well known Muang district school. 

Now that a police report is off the cards the father wants the school to discipline the errant teacher. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-10-04

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

This is Thailand.  This is a school in Thailand.   This is how it's done, and we all know it.

NOW, if you have a kid at a Thai school and you do NOTHING about it.......you, as a parent with a brain, are responsible.  As a parent, you know this can happen every day and you should pull your kid(s) out of school.  If not, you need to take some blame.   

You will read the article, say "OK" and off your kid goes to school.    Which is exactly why this stuff keeps happening....the parents really don't do enough to protect their kids.  

4 hours ago, webfact said:

and he admitted that he had submitted three sets of homework late.

Oh, then he deserved it then... ????

He allegedly said to the 10 year old pupil that if he told his parents to tell them the full story about not submitting his homework, reported 77kaoded.

If he held that back, they might think it an overreaction! ????‍♂️

But many netizens agreed that even in post corporal punishment Thailand this was well over the top.

What does this even mean?  "Even in a country where they no longer practice corporal punishment this is over the top"?  That makes no sense.  In a country that no longer practices corporal punishment, then any corporal punishment is over the top.  This sentence would only work if it was "Even in a country that allows some corporal punishment, this is over the top".

1 hour ago, kingstonkid said:

No if the child was made aware of the punishmey before he committed the crime

ok let me see if i am reading into your comment correctly. 

you feel there may be a need to enforce *punishment* on these children ? 

punishment being a beating in this case.

and further. the child is committing a crime ? ahhhh what crime exactly is that ? talking in class ? being rude perhaps ? 

you are one messed up dude my man. beating a child in any situation is abhorrent and your thoughts on this is equally disturbing. 

wow. 

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

No if the child was made aware of the punishmey before he committed the crime

Crime, what crime? What law did this kid break? Who is judge, jury and executioner? The kid failed to submit homework on 3 occaisions. That's not a crime in any statute book. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, stoner said:

ok let me see if i am reading into your comment correctly. 

you feel there may be a need to enforce *punishment* on these children ? 

punishment being a beating in this case.

and further. the child is committing a crime ? ahhhh what crime exactly is that ? talking in class ? being rude perhaps ? 

you are one messed up dude my man. beating a child in any situation is abhorrent and your thoughts on this is equally disturbing. 

wow. 

I didn't say beating a child is a good thing.  However how many of us on here grew up in an era that included reasonable corporal punishment.  

3 hours ago, Scott Tracy said:

Crime, what crime? What law did this kid break? Who is judge, jury and executioner? The kid failed to submit homework on 3 occaisions. That's not a crime in any statute book. 

Failure to follow the rules doing homework is a crime in school.  Minor yes but it is still a crime.  The problem is that these days there is no responsibility taught for kids.  They then take this lesson on in their lives

37 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

reasonable corporal punishment.  

there is never any reasonable level of violence. you are lost my friend. 

assault is assault no matter the reasonable term you apply to it. 

remind me never to get you upset i don't want you to reasonably assault me. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Failure to follow the rules doing homework is a crime in school.  Minor yes but it is still a crime. 

i hate to think what you see real bad behavior being classed as. 

like is not doing homework a misdemeanor or a felony ? 

do the beatings then become public for all to see ? this is your punishment for your crime.......to a child. 

• Like 2