Angry birds at the ATM?

Today I was with my gf when she tried to get money from the ATM machine.

After she inserted her card and correct PIN number there was a strange menu.

It was all in Thai. It included pictures of the Angry Birds game and other game pictures.

What is going on?

Is that some kind of marketing to spend money on Angry Bird stickers?

Or maybe let's play a game before you get the money?

Strange!

GUnI2oqYL4ZQ4_zMFHn2pVRmTgg8n8vj2RFCnkrp

• Haha 1

does she has angry bird picture on her ATM card? I know K bank do a lot of limited edition ones

K bank special card will have same theme picture on the menu screen when used in their ATM

maybe you always used it at the wrong ATM and it never show the picture until now

or if she didn't have angry birds card, the machine is broken somehow and showed her the menus supposed to be for the angry birds card owner

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, digbeth said:

does she has angry bird picture on her ATM card? I know K bank do a lot of limited edition ones

K bank special card will have same theme picture on the menu screen when used in their ATM

maybe you always used it at the wrong ATM and it never show the picture until now

or if she didn't have angry birds card, the machine is broken somehow and showed her the menus supposed to be for the angry birds card owner

Thanks. I don't think her card has any angry bird picture or anything similar on the card. As far as I know it's just a standard boring K-Bank ATM card. 

And most of the time she deducts money at the K-Bank ATM and she was not used to that menu. She was confused what that is/was about.

22 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

https://www.bulsuk.com/2012/05/angry-birds-gets-with-kasikorn-bank.html

Completely silly. I am old fashioned and puzzled by banks doing such gimmicks.

(my last Bangkok bank book had cartoon figures on the cover)

Your right, they know people are there to get money and may have people waiting behind them in line. What gets me upset sometimes is the ATM says my card is time expired when it's not. So I put it in again and it works.

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

They just like to tell everyone that they've got a girlfriend and that they aren't single .

Quite surprised that he didn't state her age and Nationality as is the usual " "I took my Thai girlfriend, who is 26 and never worked in a bar to blah blah blah "

Yup. My girl is different.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, phetphet said:

The only Angry Birds I see at the ATM are the ones waiting behind those Thais that keep drawing money on multiple cards. Takes ages.

Drives me mad as well. Why do they do it? Never looks to be big sums.

not seen this in thailand but have back home, assume it's family/friend/carer taking out money for someone unable to do so themselves. i often get cash out for my mum using her card.

To all the guys who seems to be a little confused about the thing with the Thai gf:

Normally when I use the ATM I switch the language to English and I don't remember seeing any Angry Birds menu when I used the ATM.

This is why I mentioned that this happened when my Thai gf used it, because she obviously uses Thai language. The Thai language didn't surprise me or her. The Angry Birds surprised her and then I looked at the ATM and the also surprised me.

Now if you want to discuss your gfs maybe open your own thread about my one is different.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

To all the guys who seems to be a little confused about the thing with the Thai gf:

Normally when I use the ATM I switch the language to English and I don't remember seeing any Angry Birds menu when I used the ATM.

This is why I mentioned that this happened when my Thai gf used it, because she obviously uses Thai language. The Thai language didn't surprise me or her. The Angry Birds surprised her and then I looked at the ATM and the also surprised me.

Now if you want to discuss your gfs maybe open your own thread about my one is different.

I don't think we are confused about your gf.

2 hours ago, phetphet said:

The only Angry Birds I see at the ATM are the ones waiting behind those Thais that keep drawing money on multiple cards. Takes ages.

A bit like 7/11 shopping.

I take cash. In and out in 2 minutes.

Meanwhile, Somchai or Lek are playing with their card for 15 minutes.

• Like 1

Just now, Lucky Bones said:

A bit like 7/11 shopping.

I take cash. In and out in 2 minutes.

Meanwhile, Somchai or Lek are playing with their card for 15 minutes.

Two minutes waiting for the cashier to count the change out about five times to make sure they have given the correct change ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Two minutes waiting for the cashier to count the change out about five times to make sure they have given the correct change ?

2 minutes included my shopping. Yes. They always count twice.

Not a bad thing to do really.

13 hours ago, phetphet said:

It's never big sums 'cos they ain't got big sums. They keep little sums in many banks to keep the family off the money trail.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

2 minutes included my shopping. Yes. They always count twice.

Not a bad thing to do really.

They still need a calculator to subtract 10 from a 100, reflects on quality of their education!

2 minutes ago, 2baht said:

They still need a calculator to subtract 10 from a 100, reflects on quality of their education!

Nailed it. I get a tad angry when my visiting mates call them "stupid".

Thais seem to be mostly uneducated, schools just don't cut it. That is not the kids fault.

But when I need handyman job done around the house they are brilliant.

• Like 1