'It's like the new Amsterdam': The rush to cash in on Thailand's hazy cannabis laws

webfact

1 hour ago, marcusb said:

Thats true, but the difference between a proper grow and "anyone" growing it is huge.  Hence the different grades. From 4 baht a gram to 800 baht per gram.   
You can give 4 people the same seeds and have 4 different outcomes.  I guess its the same principal as "anyone" can make wine. 

Anyone that wants to grow really good stuff will grow it with very little effort.  

I know guys back in the day that grew the stuff under lights. They all had the best weed around. 

This is very basic stuff?  Stupid simple. 

There are some very good books on the subject.

Edited by Gknrd
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

What I find confusing is the number of cannabis outlets there are yet the price of it per gram is ridiculous, one keeps hearing that Thai people are struggling with financial problems yet more & more sales outlets keep on opening up surely we must be over the sustainable margins and many of these outlets will have to close, I didn't think there were so many tourists here or is it visitors from neighboring countries who have the purchasing power .........

My surprise is the sheer number stepping up to buy it. I didnt know there were so many sick people in the country.......????

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

It's a hot Sunday afternoon on tropical Koh Samui and tourists at a luxury beach club are relaxing on white sofas, cooling off in the pool and sipping expensive champagne.

Some are also smoking cannabis joints, right out in the open

Anutins legacy for the country.

5 hours ago, stoner said:

a lot of the imports flying around are not even close to top shelf. a good chunk of it is outdoor or greenhouse being passed off as indoor and aaa nug.

a lot of the local population doesn't know or cannot tell so it's a free for all. 

You might try it before just putting it down ... I have and enjoy it.

I posted over in the Cannabis forum, but you can check out GreenYard420 on Twitter.

Edited by HaoleBoy

28 minutes ago, HaoleBoy said:

You might try it before just putting it down ... I have and enjoy it.

I posted over in the Cannabis forum, but you can check out GreenYard420 on Twitter.

no thanks.  now off to dab. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, vandeventer said:

You need help, get your taste buds checked out.

What are the types of taste buds? - Quora

Your tongue taste map was shown to be wrong. It was based on a single, erroneous bad study. It's been withdrawn from any modern biology texts or investigations.

9 minutes ago, khaowong1 said:

It happened to my girlfriend at the time and her family.  I had a nice home built in a small hamlet in Lopburi province, on a somewhat busy road past the local elementary school and the local temple.  We built a small shop in front of the house selling soda, snacks, cigs, beer, veggies and rice and were quite busy for about 2 years.  Then the neighbors decided to get in on the action, including the next door neighbor.  Now there are 5 other shops on the road and no one makes any money.  

Same here. Too many of these little shops operating on tiny sales and tiny margins. Buy at a slightly larger better organised shop a couple Kms away then sell to the local locals who don't even have a motocy for a couple of baht more.  As an example cigs in 711 63 baht pack of 20. Larger " supermarket" in the boonies 70 baht, locals local shop 75 baht or they'll break a pack and sell you just 5 or 10. Same with beer and Lao kao, the latter my MiL sells by the tot to the needy at 5 baht. Gasoline in those reused 75cl whisky bottles too to the motocy lads: half a bottle 20 baht. Full bottle 40 baht......the markup is better on gasoline waiting for a car crash in the stand in front of the shop.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, stoner said:

a lot of the imports flying around are not even close to top shelf. a good chunk of it is outdoor or greenhouse being passed off as indoor and aaa nug.

a lot of the local population doesn't know or cannot tell so it's a free for all. 

You're really not going to know exactly what you are getting in Thailand compared to the USA or Canada. Many facts about THC and other chemicals are right on the packaging in those countries among tons of other info. It's organic and regulated. The shops here  that really screen the product need to promote that ( hopefully the info is true however). Anyways I'm looking forward to my next 6 month snow bird trip the end of this month.  ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alex8912 said:

You're really not going to know exactly what you are getting in Thailand compared to the USA or Canada. Many facts about THC and other chemicals are right on the packaging in those countries among tons of other info. It's organic and regulated. The shops here  that really screen the product need to promote that ( hopefully the info is true however). Anyways I'm looking forward to my next 6 month snow bird trip the end of this month.  ????

It's organic and regulated?

Not in California can you get "organic" weed.  Regulated, yes.

All they need to do is do a spectrum analysis of the weed to make sure there's no solvent residue (in concentrates) or pesticide residue on flowers. 

I'm sure the equipment is expensive and not easy to obtain in Thailand.  Give them a little time and know your grower.

Old hippies usually have the "cleanest" product. ????

16 hours ago, Henryford said:

Be sure to attract all the quality tourists, sitting with a load of potheads smelling their disguting weed.

Are potheads quality tourists any worse than quality tourists hopping brothels to brothels in search of their future brides or sex orgies and passing sexual innuendos to local girls in baht buses because they could not do so in London buses? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Thais have absolutely no idea about business methods, supply and demand and so on. They just follow what others do, like sheep, and then get burned.

Just like people who travel 10,000 miles to find their brides in brothels fronting as bars. 

23 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Same here. Too many of these little shops operating on tiny sales and tiny margins. Buy at a slightly larger better organised shop a couple Kms away then sell to the local locals who don't even have a motocy for a couple of baht more.  As an example cigs in 711 63 baht pack of 20. Larger " supermarket" in the boonies 70 baht, locals local shop 75 baht or they'll break a pack and sell you just 5 or 10. Same with beer and Lao kao, the latter my MiL sells by the tot to the needy at 5 baht. Gasoline in those reused 75cl whisky bottles too to the motocy lads: half a bottle 20 baht. Full bottle 40 baht......the markup is better on gasoline waiting for a car crash in the stand in front of the shop.

Yep, exactly the same here.  Sold lots of tot of Lao Kao for 5 to 10 baht.  We even had a little shaded hammock to chill out on while you drank your tot.  

On 10/6/2022 at 10:44 AM, PJ71 said:

Nowadays you can get whatever 'hit' you want.

I know people that use it before working out for focus, as an example.

Yes. The best sativas increase alertness and focus. Rather than make you tired and "couch locked" the effect is motivated and energised.

• Like 1