Pick-ups racing on the Bang Na - Chonburi elevated road - they hit truck putting in road markings

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported on a accident on the Burapha Withi expressway in the middle of the night.

That is the 55 km long elevated road that runs from Bang Na to near Chonburi.

Inbound at KM marker 14/100 they found a Nissan Navara and a Toyota Revo that had crashed into a six wheel Isuzu truck doing road marking work.

Niphon, 32, and a female passenger named only as "A" 15, were in the Nissan. They were taken to Chularat Hospital with severe injuries.

06102022_133094742788829693_GateWay.jpg

Two injured men in the Toyota were taken to Prince Suvarnabhumi Hospital.

The driver, a 22 year old man called Soolkiflee from Yala was dead at the scene.

Petchprakan, 48, said his team were from PSD Road Solutions and were putting in road markings.

06102022_133094742772238652_GateWay.jpg

They had just arrived and had only put out ten cones when he saw the two pick-ups racing each other in the far right lane.

Seeing what was about to happen he managed to jump clear. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-10-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, DavisH said:

Blockign a whole lane in peak hour traffic causes chaos. That's why a lot of this kind of roadwork is done at night. 

What a fantastic observation of the obvious..... 

1 hour ago, realfunster said:

I live not far from the ChalermRat expressway, which feeds directly into this elevated expressway to Chonburi.

For years, I have heard high powered vehicles tanking it along the expressway in groups. 5-6am on the weekends seems a popular time.

Surprised there hasn't been more incidents like this.

Police nowhere to be seen, as usual...

At 5 - 6 am, they're not even seen during during daylight hours - so little chance early morning. 

1 hour ago, realfunster said:

I live not far from the ChalermRat expressway, which feeds directly into this elevated expressway to Chonburi.

For years, I have heard high powered vehicles tanking it along the expressway in groups. 5-6am on the weekends seems a popular time.

Surprised there hasn't been more incidents like this.

Police nowhere to be seen, as usual...

That certainly used to be the case. Young kids with fancy cars would meet at the petrol station and food court just after the 10 Baht toll heading north. Now I often see police parked there instead. I can hear them racing when they do, and I'd reckon it is less frequent these days, but not totally gone. Slow steady improvements...

2 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

I've said it before it's too dangerous for the police to be out at night, so they'll be asleep somewhere, also they can't see infractions in daylight so how can you expect the police to see them during the dark.

Or chatting up hookers on the beach and looking for people wanting a relaxing beer

• Like 1