Pick-ups racing on the Bang Na - Chonburi elevated road - they hit truck putting in road markings

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

They had just arrived and had only put out ten cones when he saw the two pick-ups racing each other in the far right lane.

Never mind putting cones out ,the truck should've had many Flashing lights so the Racers could've seen the truck. 

Even if they weren't racing they  most likely wouldn't have seen the truck.

I didn't see any Flashing /working lights on the truck. but then I could be wrong.

3 hours ago, new2here said:

For me, I don’t celebrate the loss of life- any life much less ones at that young stage …

That said, I think that in life you make decisions …. and either earn the rewards or suffer consequences as a result.. and to me, this is a catastrophic consequence of a bad decision made.. 

Yes, i know the common rebuttal is something like “weren’t you that age too and did stupid stuff too?”… and I’d say absolutely I did  … but only due to either sheer dumb luck or odds, i didn’t suffer like this… and for that I’m thankful… sadly these folks didn’t get so lucky. 

In this case, for me, the largest blessing here is that these bad decisions largely only impacted those who were direct participants and not totally innocent bystanders.  

Well said!  RIP to those involved.

6 hours ago, VinnieK said:

Painting markings in the dead of night.?

Even driving is not advised let alone perform such tasks.

when do you think most road markings/road resurfacing is done, when the roads are quiet or during daylight when the roads are busy

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

What is lacking here is the planning for the roadworks, illumination of advance matrix  and physical signs and extensive coning off of lanes beforehand to provide safe environments for workers and motorists. 

The authorities have to protect even the idiots as far as possible, and it’s just not done. How often do you drive along a major road and see workers collecting trash or clipping trees and bushes protected by one or no cones?

They were putting out cones when the idiots came flying down the road at them. Unless you know the exact circumstances of this case (you don't) don't try to judge, you read like a barrack room lawyer anyway. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Never mind putting cones out ,the truck should've had many Flashing lights so the Racers could've seen the truck. 

I didn't see any Flashing /working lights on the truck. but then I could be wrong.

51 minutes ago, digger70 said:

This is not and never will be a H&S bound first world country. And a lot of farang live here contentedly because of that. Keep your sanctimony to yourself. 

Edited by Speedhump

3 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

What is lacking here is the planning for the roadworks, illumination of advance matrix  and physical signs and extensive coning off of lanes beforehand to provide safe environments for workers and motorists. 

The authorities have to protect even the idiots as far as possible, and it’s just not done. How often do you drive along a major road and see workers collecting trash or clipping trees and bushes protected by one or no cones?

If you read the article to the end you will note that they were still in the process of putting out the cones. I am not aware of any cones which position themselves in the road when required.

4 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

If you read the article it says thats exactly what they were doing, putting out marking cones before road work 

4 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

You might think it is because it´s much less traffic during that time and easier to do the work. At least, that answer came to me directly.

Responsibility is with the racers not the road marker workers. Sad but som nam na. 

16 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

You might think it is because it´s much less traffic during that time and easier to do the work. At least, that answer came to me directly.

That was the thinking alright..

As an aside, whenever I see a distant traffic cone reflection in the dark, I slow down considerably 

Who knows what traps await ahead.

Thais of course, head into the maelstrom at maximum speed ????????

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Speedhump said:

This is not and never will be a H&S bound first world country. And a lot of farang live here contentedly because of that. Keep your sanctimony to yourself. 

sanc·ti·mo·ny

/ˈsaNG(k)təˌmōnē/

noun

DEROGATORY

the action or practice of acting as if one were morally superior to other people.

"they have no shame and turn on the phony sanctimony" 

I only said what's normally done . so keep your comment to yourself /don't post.

5 minutes ago, digger70 said:

sanc·ti·mo·ny

/ˈsaNG(k)təˌmōnē/

noun

DEROGATORY

the action or practice of acting as if one were morally superior to other people.

"they have no shame and turn on the phony sanctimony" 

I only said what's normally done . so keep your comment to yourself /don't post.

No. Normally done WHERE?