Utter madness.

pixelaoffy

On 10/8/2022 at 6:59 AM, kinyara said:

" Where Westerners met local women " - sleazy sex prowlers negotiating with street hookers, it must be uncomfortable for them now with no shade.

Beach Road has a nice view, especially at sunset.  The lack of law enforcement around prostitution in Pattaya / Thailand is nothing new.  It's been that way for decades. 

If police were even slightly serious about looking after tourism, whilst still catering for sex tourists within Thailand's tourism industry, they could easily send the message to the Coconut Bar girls they now have to go and sit on the steps at Tree Town, yet, they don't. 

Not sure how much tea money the Coconut Bar pays, so I guess the police just don't care. 

Meanwhile, as you say, Beach Road continues to attract to cheapest of sex tourists, in full view of tourists that go to Beach Road to admire the water views. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

Will be leaving. Place will be full of psychotic junkies as the cannabis bunch congregate 

Glad I am not the only one concerned this liberal weed attitude may impact on the City negatively. I am a bit of a fuddy duddy and was worried about the plague of tattoo shops too!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Leaver said:

Not sure how much tea money the Coconut Bar pays, so I guess the police just don't care. 

Meanwhile, as you say, Beach Road continues to attract to cheapest of sex tourists, in full view of tourists that go to Beach Road to admire the water views. 

What view would attract tourists, this (just above walking st) or the sorry s*** show there now? And if the police cared about tourists they would get rid of the trash with the XY chromosomes. Bukow? - would rather be in Bangkok. I dare say Hoss you are on the wrong side of this topic.Screenshot_2022-10-10-06-50-25-15.thumb.jpg.a43eba55e0837094f1a0bfb56df4d115.jpg

• Haha 1

On 10/7/2022 at 3:09 PM, Screaming said:

It's all about money in Thailand, the environment has little value to most Thais unless one can make money off of it. The cutting of trees and addition of parking spots on Breach Road will add to the pollution and degradation of the walking path and beach.

Cut down trees and although small it will increase the global warming effect.

6 hours ago, morrobay said:

What view would attract tourists, this (just above walking st) or the sorry s*** show there now? And if the police cared about tourists they would get rid of the trash with the XY chromosomes. Bukow? - would rather be in Bangkok. I dare say Hoss you are on the wrong side of this topic.Screenshot_2022-10-10-06-50-25-15.thumb.jpg.a43eba55e0837094f1a0bfb56df4d115.jpg

Hate to mention this but XY chromosomes define a man. XX defines a woman.

On 10/9/2022 at 2:58 PM, Sparktrader said:

Yes it's a lot better. Hipsters vs chavs.

LOL. Infrastructure is just as bad as Pattaya, traffic is worse. Night life is a bad joke. Far away from Bkk when traveling overseas and there is no beach. Pattaya beach may be awful, but Jomptien or Naklua not far.

It's time the existing Beach Road Highway gets more lanes and more parking space. The existing traffic lights should be removed since nobody really cares about them. The beach, which is particularly unused at night, could also be converted into additional noisy bar zones to attract even more quality tourists. And we need public toilets and dressing rooms there, which can also be used for a short-time experience.

On 10/9/2022 at 10:59 PM, pixelaoffy said:

Will be leaving. Place will be full of psychotic junkies as the cannabis bunch congregate 

psychotic junkie cannabis crowd?  as opposed to the violent obnoxious drunks?  I'll take the cannabis crowd listening to pink floyd and eating ice cream and minding their own business....buses leaving every few minutes so off you go.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/11/2022 at 3:16 PM, pomchop said:

psychotic junkie cannabis crowd?  as opposed to the violent obnoxious drunks?  I'll take the cannabis crowd listening to pink floyd and eating ice cream and minding their own business....buses leaving every few minutes so off you go.

yup pot head pattya

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Pattaya as a <deleted> head central is well established.... perhaps pot heads should lounge around in Pai, Mae Hong Son!

i'm sure many will appreciate and act immediately on this "advice"...or not. Perhaps some should go to a place like alabama where you can still get thrown in jail for pot but drink whiskey all day every day.

Drove down beach road today. Looks like the promenade is being ripped up to make more parking. Although there is a definite lack of parking in Pattaya surely this is not the way forward. Walking the promenade was the only good thing about that beach. I can't see any good outcome from doing this.

• Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, Kevin Taylor said:

Drove down beach road today. Looks like the promenade is being ripped up to make more parking. Although there is a definite lack of parking in Pattaya surely this is not the way forward. Walking the promenade was the only good thing about that beach. I can't see any good outcome from doing this.

Yes, some years ago they decided to widen Beach Rd.... under the premise of improving traffic flow...that was nonsense of course as it went back down to 2 lanes and a bottleneck at the South Rd corner anyhow. The wider road was good for markets and events too. Covid came along  and no tourists, so to entice Thais, who hate not to be able to look adoringly at  their vehicles, parking was permitted on the Beach side..... Covid went and tourism and tourists partially returned, the narrow road impeded traffic, especially with the parked vehicles all down both sides. So it needs widening again... don't want to scare off those domestic visitors who  are not into walking nor baht buses. Although road works will deter them... this is progress, got to keep moving forwards. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, some years ago they decided to widen Beach Rd.... under the premise of improving traffic flow...that was nonsense of course as it went back down to 2 lanes and a bottleneck at the South Rd corner anyhow.

One of those little pearls rather like the Red Bull heir. The widening works well before that bottleneck at the end, and notably towards getting to the mall. If the new lane is blocked, the jam (on weekends and holidays, currently) starts at Pattaya Nua. So it does now since they've begun allowing parking in that lane. As you note, it's useful during festivals and events, a major motivation. 

Now The Authorities have probably found out how much businesses, many of them new, in north BR love the customers they're getting from the "new" parking on BR. Customers love parking there not to admire their vehicles but obviously to avoid walking any distance or getting onto baht buses with farang riff-raff. Eventually the new new lane will be found not enough and parking banned again. So it goes. Yes, the ANF Bureau of Traffic Regulation has proposed many other solutions over the years. Heard 'em all. Even the Authorities themselves have.???? But the paradox remains that improving infrastructure attracts more population. BTS and MRT haven't ended the traffic jams in BKK.

• Like 1