Utter madness.

pixelaoffy

33 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Jeez, what a ruddy great awful mess covering the peak peak season after a 2 year pandemic hiatus. Why would they do that.... it actually looked okay before they started!

Plans seem to have changed and all in all it is a very poor image to project for a beach resort. One lane of traffic closed too. 

The workers from Myanmar were not available during Covid which likely stalled the works.

Edited by champers

On 12/24/2022 at 8:39 AM, morrobay said:

And the stated purpose of this was to create more parking, but as noted above and plainly visable that is not happening. So just another cash cow contract/ kickback project. As noted running right through the high season. 

Every single news article from the last 2-3 years about the new walkway rebuild, stated the main purpose of the rebuild was to ADD PARKING...

No news updates that I have seen say there will now be no parking..

They did manage to chop down almost all the shade trees in 2 days last year and removed 100% of the seating in a single day.......So they can certainly work at lighting speed if it involves making the promenade more ugly, more sterile, and more of a unpleasant place.... 

Edited by redwood1

41 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Every single news article from the last 2-3 years about the new walkway rebuild, stated the main purpose of the rebuild was to ADD PARKING...

No news updates that I have seen say there will now be no parking..

They did manage to chop down almost all the shade trees in 2 days last year and removed 100% of the seating in a single day.......So they can certainly work at lighting speed if it involves making the promenade more ugly, more sterile, and more of a unpleasant place.... 

The trees they uprooted are now being replaced, no parking spaces, no underground toilets, no seating (as yet).

47 minutes ago, champers said:

All palm trees.

I see Palm trees like giant weeds........Nondescript with very little personality..

Palm trees give hardly any shade.....And at noon when shade is needed most they give almost no shade at all....

But for some unknown reason they seem obsessed with Palm trees.............Flowers, shrubs,plants or any other kind of tree, they have ZERO interest in..........Its only Palm trees 24/7/365........

I think the reason more people do not take a interest in the promenade and this thread....Is because there is starting to not be enough people who were in Pattaya back before 2013 when the promenade was a fantastic place....It was beautiful and lovely back then.....

Newer people only know the promenade as it is now......Treeless, uninteresting, very hot during the day, uninspiring and just plain boring.....   

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You gotta hand it to them......They can make cherry trees grow out of concrete and bloom in December......We are very lucky to have tree loving magicians like this in charge of walkway rebuild....

And to think I said they only loved those bloody eye sores called Palm trees.......Shame on me...

Edited by redwood1