www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/oct/06/biden-marijuana-pardon-possession-decriminalization

bobbin

Is this the beginning of a move by the Federal Government to finally do a U-turn on the problem of continuing the Drug War on Cannabis?

Of course all those with skin in the game, on both sides, always knew that it was really a War on the People.

Interesting turn given Biden was the ONLY Democratic pesidential candidate opposed to legalization.

But we still need legislation, not proclamation, so H.R. 3617 (the M.O.R.E Act, passed the House 4/1/22) needs to progress. But that may not happen. So we get this proclamation.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/3617

22 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Interesting turn given Biden was the ONLY Democratic pesidential candidate opposed to legalization.

But we still need legislation, not proclamation, so H.R. 3617 (the M.O.R.E Act, passed the House 4/1/22) needs to progress. But that may not happen. So we get this proclamation.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/3617

Thanks.. I just read it. Looks like it covers all the bases..

As a Canadian "person ineligible for entry" I, and the many (hundreds of thousands) Canadian citizens as well as others from other countries, particularly appreciate the following clause..

"prohibits the denial of benefits and protections under immigration laws on the basis of a cannabis-related event (e.g., conduct or a conviction)"

Not to mention that this supports K. Anutin's position.. so highly unlikely to be a roll-back..

Wondering how many Americans are currently incarcerated for simple possession.. I wouldn't think that many these days. But given America's ridiculously large prison population I could be surprised.

Thailand released over 3,000 prisoners, and for more than simple possession I believe. as long as case involved cannabis only.

Over to you America.