Please suggest a self defence for my age?

On 10/11/2022 at 8:54 PM, unblocktheplanet said:

I have a story, right from today. I took the overhead walkways from Lumpini to Benjakitti. Along the klong, two teenage boys were fishing, accompanied by four smaller boys, maybe 10 tears old.

As I passed, I asked one of the boys, in Thai, "Any fish?" He told me yes. Then one of the smaller boys came up toward me and show me a four-inch knife he had palmed.

I walked up to him and asked him if he was stupid. And I walked away.

There was a security guard, just out of sight at the tops of the stairs. Kids didn't look like toughs. It was a calculated risk. I'm 72.

My advice? Stay home after dark. Be friendly. Smile. Greet people. Don't be impatient or angry. Don't make small problems your big problem. It's all up to how you perceive the world, with confidence or fear.

Hmm, perhaps he just wanted to show you the knife that he was proud of.

On 10/11/2022 at 9:10 AM, Ralf001 said:

I'd suggest something automatic... 9mm.

.380 ACP will do the job. 
 But then so will a nice walking stick.  The tough rowdy Irish would use a special walking stick called a shillelagh.  Used for walking and also as a club or cudgel in fights. Apparently very effective.  

14 minutes ago, Catoni said:

.380 ACP will do the job. 
 But then so will a nice walking stick.  The tough rowdy Irish would use a special walking stick called a shillelagh.  Used for walking and also as a club or cudgel in fights. Apparently very effective.  

I prefer one of these than a walk stick.

1649095338_straightrazor.jpg.131cc40fdeede72c5e1ae15480f35bcb.jpg

14 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

I prefer one of these than a walk stick.

1649095338_straightrazor.jpg.131cc40fdeede72c5e1ae15480f35bcb.jpg

An Irish Shillelagh has more reach….and can break an arm or put a criminal out with the knobby end contacting the head, leaving the perp with a concussion and cracked skull.  It has a long successful history in fights. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shillelagh

Edited by Catoni
Correction

46 minutes ago, Catoni said:

An Irish Shillelagh has more reach….and can break an arm or put a criminal out with the knobby end contacting the head, leaving the perp with a concussion and cracked skull.  It has a long successful history in fights. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shillelagh

Nice looking toy, I'd still prefer to cut ones face from ear to ear.