Sugar free peanut butter in pattaya

Wardp

Hi I've just been in friendship looking for sugar free palm oil free,100% pure peanut butter there was only one that said 100% that was a Thai company called cold oil company 50 baht 200gram but I'm not sure if it's pure or not, has anyone tried it ? Or can anyone recommend a brand in Pattaya or an online brand? I'm not interested in making my own,thanks

I can only suggest a good Thai brand of peanut butter to buy, not where to find it outside of Chiang Mai.

Rimping markets in Chiang Mai carry two Thai brands of sugar free PB.  I prefer the one called Tida's.  I don't recall the name of the other brand but will try to remember to look for it next time I'm at Rimping.  Both are sold in 1kg plastic bags so you would need a good size jar/container to hold the PB.  I rate Tida's as being on par with Adam's PB from USA.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 10/10/2022 at 5:32 PM, ricklev said:

Tops, at least the more upscale Food Hall versions, also have lately been selling Coles brand 100% natural peanut butter 375g jars from Australia for around 140-150 baht. Nothing but 100% organic peanuts.

I've been using it lately, and it's quite good, though does requiring some initial stirring to blend the surface peanut oil with the solids.

Prior to that choice, spurred by a breakdown of my home electric food processor, I had been buying 40-45b 500g bags of raw peeled peanuts from Foodland or Lotus supermarkets, baking them in the oven at home, and then using my food processor to grind them into homemade peanut butter... also excellent.

I know you're looking for good PB in Pattaya, but here's a picture of two brands to look for.  These are sold at Rimping in CM in 1kg bags.  Tida's Bears is the better tasting IMO.

IMG_7028.jpg

Edited by gamb00ler

• 1 month later...

Come on. 1000gm raw shelled peanuts, 30 minutes in the oven at 120C. Into food processor with a smidgeon of oil, rice bran or coconut or whatever you want, and a bit of salt, until decided 'crunchiness' is achieved. Done for less than Bht 100 per kilo. 

Coconut oil tends to make it hard when kept in the fridge.

Edited by KannikaP