Questions About Move To Jomtien

Hi guys 

I'm currently on an non O retirement extension based on money in the bank, at an upcountry office.

I will be moving to Pattaya soon where I willb e living with a friend in his condo rent free (no rental contract) and he will provide blue house book etc.

My questions are:

What documents will immigration at Jomtien want from me in regard to changing address and office?

What documents apart from his blue house book will they want from the condo owner?

Later I will need to renew my retirement extension, does anyone have a list of Jomtien's requirements for that please?

Thanks for all replies

Edited by metromania
Added info

29 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Your friend should do a TM30 report to report your arrival at their condo. They need to show the blue house book and their ID card if Thai or passport if not.

Thanks for that. Do I need to report my change of address also?

1 hour ago, metromania said:

Thanks for that. Do I need to report my change of address also?

The TM30 report is equal to doing a change of address. Be sure you get the receipt for the report or a copy of it to show immigration.

• Thanks 1

Jomtien Immigration is very fussy about proper documentation for the B800K bank deposit.  If your passbook does not show every single transaction (most don't) you need to get a one year statement from your bank.

The problem you will run into is that if your bank home branch is not in Chonburi, it can take a week to get this statement. As I recall, the statement can not be more than 5 days old so you have a very narrow window to obtain it.

They are also strict on having an up to date TM-30.  They may even require some form of written document from your friend that you are staying as a guest in liew of a rental/lease contract