Vintage Thai is Original Thai Stick Born Again - PrikPot Cannabis

webfact

1 hour ago, marin said:

You just lost all credibility for me. Never were they dipped in opium. This is a proven urban myth. Had my doubts that are now confirmed.

I meant some, not all. It was in reply to a poster that remember them as "chocolatey". I was not around at the time, but I have heard they did exist from people that were around at the time. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, PrikPot said:
1 hour ago, marin said:

You just lost all credibility for me. Never were they dipped in opium. This is a proven urban myth. Had my doubts that are now confirmed.

I meant some, not all. It was in reply to a poster that remember them as "chocolatey". I was not around at the time, but I have heard they did exist from people that were around at the time. 

None, nada, nothing.  Please don't try to rationalize your post with hearsay. Many of us were around then and know the score.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

16 minutes ago, stoner said:

in the spirit of original thai. not my grow but a friend allowed me to post the picture.

about to be harvested in bkk. thai landrace strain. the most beautiful thai flower i have ever seen personally.

1665281741265.jpg

1665281741798.jpg

Beautiful ladies..

10 minutes ago, bobbin said:

It's actually not difficult to disprove the "urban legend" that Thai Sticks were "dipped" in opium..  I'll explain..

There is now a "nouveux cannabis" product called Pop Rocks. These are dense (must be to survive the process) buds that have weed/hash oil applied. This process almost certainly is done by hand. The oil must be warmed beforehand for ease of application. The buds are now very sticky and will stick to their neighbor. This problem is solved by rolling them in kief cannabis "dust" after allowing for some drying time..

Have you ever seen opium? It has the consistency of thick axle grease. Even warmed it's going to rip the heck out of the buds, destroying their aesthetic appeal. You edited your post to say "some" were apparently treated this way. I never saw any...

I think it would be better to delete any reference to this.. not least because conflating cannabis with opium does none of us any good.. Shades of the old (also false) "gateway" drug argument.

I forgot to add that these Pop Rocks cannot be used in joints. Too sticky so they don't burn that well..

Bong/pipe with some regular cannabis to facilitate the burning is the way to go..

The same problem would be faced by the mythical "opium dipped Thai sticks".

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/10/2022 at 12:02 PM, webfact said:

Grown for 5 months and then cured for 6 months

Ive been growing since '91  (with gap years of course)  Studied the best books, grew some righteous weed.  Still learning.

Hope you keep data about your cure times, easy to pull 5 grams at 4, 5, and six months see how they compare.

May I ask where or in what they will be  curing?  Thanks. 

Cheers, hope you can share a bit of grow info mixed in with sales pitches, that seems fair.    ???? 

11 hours ago, bobbin said:

It's actually not difficult to disprove the "urban legend" that Thai Sticks were "dipped" in opium..  I'll explain..

There is now a "nouveux cannabis" product called Pop Rocks. These are dense (must be to survive the process) buds that have weed/hash oil applied. This process almost certainly is done by hand. The oil must be warmed beforehand for ease of application. The buds are now very sticky and will stick to their neighbor. This problem is solved by rolling them in kief cannabis "dust" after allowing for some drying time..

Have you ever seen opium? It has the consistency of thick axle grease. Even warmed it's going to rip the heck out of the buds, destroying their aesthetic appeal. You edited your post to say "some" were apparently treated this way. I never saw any...

I think it would be better to delete any reference to this.. not least because conflating cannabis with opium does none of us any good.. Shades of the old (also false) "gateway" drug argument.

Latex from the opium poppy is not a thick black tarry substance.

Also, solvents like ethanol can very easily be used to thin down other products.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, marin said:

None, nada, nothing.  Please don't try to rationalize your post with hearsay. Many of us were around then and know the score.

Seems to me you're being a know it all PotPrick????

Edited by Wuvu2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, marcusb said:

Hope you keep data about your cure times, easy to pull 5 grams at 4, 5, and six months see how they compare.

24 hours no response. I'd wager 6 months cure was because they couldn't move the product in month 3,4,5.  Is it six month cure or is it weed thats been sitting around for 6 months?   With no data to back it up, back home we call that 'bro science" 

• Haha 1

From what I've seen, opium is like hash, solid. How does one dip into this?  A reliable source claimed some was soaked in hash oil, I don't know.

If it is indeed an original old school strain, then there would be lots of takers for the seeds. Are they for sale? Any pics?

I read a famous grower who said the Thai strains were difficult to cure, although personally I've never felt it's quite the art some claim. The original Thai stick had a bit of a compost smell, similar to brick weed. Apparently due not being dried properly before being bagged.

The OP stated it may be the same strain as some brick weed, if so then it's only a matter of time before properly trimmed and dried quality bud is available at a good price from friends. Might not be good news for those who invested in lights and dispensaries, but I'll enjoy the reduced hype.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, marcusb said:

24 hours no response. I'd wager 6 months cure was because they couldn't move the product in month 3,4,5.  Is it six month cure or is it weed thats been sitting around for 6 months?   With no data to back it up, back home we call that 'bro science" 

Gee, the nerve of those PrikPot guys ignoring your snark and superior attitude ???? 

• Like 1

i tried to be nice to these people and offer help.....and what did i get ? 

unsolicited emails and somehow subscribed to a mailing list. not cool ya bunch of prikpots (double enrendre intended)

Edited by stoner
  • Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 3:38 PM, mixed said:

From what I've seen, opium is like hash, solid. How does one dip into this?  A reliable source claimed some was soaked in hash oil, I don't know.

If it is indeed an original old school strain, then there would be lots of takers for the seeds. Are they for sale? Any pics?

I read a famous grower who said the Thai strains were difficult to cure, although personally I've never felt it's quite the art some claim. The original Thai stick had a bit of a compost smell, similar to brick weed. Apparently due not being dried properly before being bagged.

The OP stated it may be the same strain as some brick weed, if so then it's only a matter of time before properly trimmed and dried quality bud is available at a good price from friends. Might not be good news for those who invested in lights and dispensaries, but I'll enjoy the reduced hype.

Solvents exist. 
The paint on your walls is also a solid - after the solvents evaporate.

On 10/11/2022 at 1:12 PM, ourmanflint said:

I don't mind it at all, but still very funny. The times they are a changin

No they aren’t, sponsors have ALWAYS openly advertised otherwise it would be a bit silly paying all that money for nothing now wouldn’t it?

• Thumbs Up 1