Selling condo without agent. Docs I need to supply?

I have a unit for sale and a Chinese family have viewed it and are interested, no agent is involved (I don't mind hiring an agent to handle the documents needed on both sides, and to be there at the land office, if it makes things easier)

To sell it I believe I need documents from the condo juristic office showing that:

1) there are no outstanding debts etc on the unit.

2) It falls under the 49% foreign ownership quota. 

Are there official names/titles for the documents?

For example Kor Ror 2 (which is a document to show you're still married), is there such an official title for these 2 documents?

Is there anything else that I need to present to the land office?

Chanote. Passport. These 2 documents. Blue and yellow Tabien Baans. Anything else?

TIA

Edited by JeffersLos
  • Like 1

For 1) and 2) your office would have done this loads of times and know what they need to prepare.

You'll need a purchase agreement, look online for a draft copy or maybe someone can provide, include a deposit if you prefer.

Land office can help with process there, see them in advance to agree. I'd rather pay the land office extra than an agent

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'd rather pay the land office extra than an agent

In principle I agree with that. But I don't know if it works that way.

Another option might be to ask the condominium manager to join you - and you pay him/her a fixed fee but no commission. That manager likely knows all the details.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

To sell it I believe I need documents from the condo juristic office showing that:

1) there are no outstanding debts etc on the unit.

2) It falls under the 49% foreign ownership quota. 

11 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

For 1) and 2) your office would have done this loads of times and know what they need to prepare.

Anyone know if there is a timeframe in which these need to be used?

For example, they cannot be older than 7/14/21/28 days at the date of transfer? 

OP, if you are in Pattaya, I can put you in touch with a girl I have used a couple of times. 

Help both parties get all the documents in order and do the land office. charges 5-10 k

• Like 1

Hi,

I think you don't need anything except the verbal agreement who will pay for the transfer (usually 50/50). The buyer should ask you if they need something from you extra.

For 1-2k baht someone from condo office will be glad to help you in the land office.

28 minutes ago, blackshadow said:

can depend on how busy land office is !!!!

I don't believe that's true in any way, shape or form. ????

4 minutes ago, plus7 said:

I think you don't need anything except the verbal agreement who will pay for the transfer (usually 50/50). The buyer should ask you if they need something from you extra.

You've obviously never bought a condominium in your own name. ????

8 minutes ago, Sqoop said:

Question - is it true that the funds to buy a condo ( as a foreigner ) must come from abroad ? 

Yep, also illegal thai company way, funds come from anywhere.

might be a way if earnings from working in Thailand

Edited by scubascuba3

2 hours ago, plus7 said:

Not really. I bought several condos in my life in Pattaya. But you're not buying, you're selling. The buyer should care.

The land office cares.

Transfer not possible without the juristic office providing said documents (unit is debt free, the complex is 49% or less foreign owned). 

No documents. No transfer. You can stop lying about having bought units now 5555

19 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yep, also illegal thai company way, funds come from anywhere.

might be a way if earnings from working in Thailand

Only if you want to send the money back out once property sold.

If you have money in country already then, of course, you may use that for a purchase.

20 hours ago, Sqoop said:

Question - is it true that the funds to buy a condo ( as a foreigner ) must come from abroad ? 

When I bought my condo in Chiang Mai 19yrs ago my bank SCB gave me a letter to give to the Land Office to say my money had come from outside Thailand.

1 hour ago, PJ71 said:

Only if you want to send the money back out once property sold.

If you have money in country already then, of course, you may use that for a purchase.

for the condo to be under foreign quota you'll need your bank to produce a letter saying money came from abroad so you can't just use any money already in the country

57 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

for the condo to be under foreign quota you'll need your bank to produce a letter saying money came from abroad so you can't just use any money already in the country

My bad, you may be correct.

I recall people having to transfer money out of thailand and then back to get the FET.

• Like 1