Submission of Non immigrant O documents. how many days in advance?

Hello, this is my first post to this website

My Non immigrant O visa (Married to Thai national) is due on Nov 11 2022 at Nonthaburi.

Question is:

How many days in advance must I submit my documents. 

Wife if telling me 30 days in advance but she has been known to be wrong on things

My sincere thanks if you can help guide me

I am not aware that you  >must< apply >before< due date.

30 days before is the usual >earliest< date to apply.

If you have your documents ready I find it a good idea to go early and not wait for the last minute.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Fred Ziffel said:

My Non immigrant O visa (Married to Thai national) is due on Nov 11 2022 at Nonthaburi

Assume that you will be applying for extension.

As mentioned by others don't apply close to Nov 11. 

Do it early (up to 30 days) 

Assume that you have organized financials.

If using money in bank method the funds will need to have been in bank account for 2 months on the day you apply for 12 month extension. 

Thank you folks for your kind insight. 

The Nonthaburi immigration office is surrounded by 2 ft of water. I was going to go there today but they told us not to

I have a question about two bank documents I have since I do the over 400K in my bank account route

two documents are 

1. Statement

2. Some bank document regrettable I am not sure what it is for, but I need it (Cost 100 Baht)

Question is

Do you know if there is some kind of expiration on these two documents in the eyes of the Thai immigration?

This may be a hard question, but I hope someone knows

I understand I need to do an update on the day of submission on my bank book, so I am good there 

regards to all

22 minutes ago, Fred Ziffel said:

2. Some bank document regrettable I am not sure what it is for, but I need it (Cost 100 Baht)

It is a letter from the bank confirming your account is valid that has your balance on it for the day it is written. Some offices may not accept it if it is more than the day before you apply.

You will also need to show your updated bank book and copies of it,

The letter & Bank statement must not be over (7) days. Checking from the day you received it, and including the you go to the immigration office. 

Your bank book as stated in one of the above post, must be updated on the day you go there. And copied.

Do not forget the house location map / couple of passport photos / Marriage certificate / wife change of name certificate, (if she changed it) / wife ID card / house book / your yellow house book if you got one / Child; Children Birth paper / Pictures of you wife & child / children in the ( Living Rm / Dinning Rm / Kitchen / One showing house number with you all / Bedroom ( note, all photos (2) per 8x4 page) / TM30 and/or last 90 days reporting slip / your passport detail pages copy / plus all pages in your passport with any Thai immigration stamp in it / Application form / Over stay obligation form/ all copied checked signed / most importantly your application money / if this is your first extension, they would come knocking on your door, and want to meet your neighbors. Make sure you offer them a cold beverage.

Nonthaburi can be a rouge IMO.

• 4 weeks later...

Everything went well with submission. Met a guy from Missouri USA. Same situation as me but he for some reason did not have to submit a bank statement. Two immigration dudes came over to my residence on Wednesday and the lady across the street had to give her ID and sign something. then they want to take photos of me, wife and immigration dude at various areas of the house. Weird request to get a Visa, seems Thailand craves paperwork compared to Japan. I expect to be back at the office for visa stamp...I hope.

• Thumbs Up 1