O retirement visa 800k seasoning

Hi.  I have applied online and received a 90 day non immigrant O visa for retirement.  I showed funds in my UK bank account to do this.  I arrive in Thailand next week.  My plan is to transfer cash from my UK bank account to my Thai bank account equivalent to not less than THB800k after I arrive.  That would mean that the 800k would have been in my Thai bank account for over two months when I apply for my first 1 year extension.   It has been suggested to me that I have miss understood the rules and that the 800k has to be in my Thai bank account for three months before I apply for my first one year extension.  Can anyone clarify the position for me please?  Thank you.

Two months.

When you arrive you will be stamped in for 90 days. Transfer the 800k baht into Thai bank account in your name only.

In the last 30 days of your permit obtain an extension.

Assume that you have Thai bank account? 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

Somebody gave you old outdated info. It was changed to 2 months in March of 2019. Prior to that it was 60 days for the first extension and then 3 months after the first one.

That is also when the requirement to keep the 800k baht in the bank for 3 months after the day you apply for the extension and then 400k baht until you top up your account to 800k baht for the next extension.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 7:43 AM, ubonjoe said:

Somebody gave you old outdated info. It was changed to 2 months in March of 2019. Prior to that it was 60 days for the first extension and then 3 months after the first one.

That is also when the requirement to keep the 800k baht in the bank for 3 months after the day you apply for the extension and then 400k baht until you top up your account to 800k baht for the next extension.

So it is definitely the case that if the  application for  1 year retirement non O extension is accepted on say the 15 of September, even though applying 30 days early and the extension actually runs until 13 October of next year, you must keep the account at or above 800k for the next 3 months up to on the above example the 15th of December. Then you can reduce it to not less than 400k over the next 6 months but most top it up again to 800k by the 15th of June of your extension, being the last 3 months running up to your next earliest possible 1 year extension application?

Sorry to flog this one but it could tragic to confuse the application date for the extension and the stamped expiry date of the extension for these seasoning requirements.

13 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

but most top it up again to 800k by the 15th of June of your extension, being the last 3 months running up to your next earliest possible 1 year extension application?

No. 

It needs to be back up to 800k two months prior to day of application.

Has nothing to do with expiry of your permission of stay. 

On 10/14/2022 at 3:46 PM, DrJack54 said:

No. 

It needs to be back up to 800k two months prior to day of application.

Has nothing to do with expiry of your permission of stay. 

Thanks. So only 2 months prior to next application. Which can be up to 30 days, some IOs 45 days, prior to expiration of an existing 1 year non O retirement extension. A bit more leeway then!

18 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Thanks. So only 2 months prior to next application. Which can be up to 30 days, some IOs 45 days, prior to expiration of an existing 1 year non O retirement extension. A bit more leeway then!

Yes.

As you pointed out the application can be made up to 30/45 days prior to expiry of current permission of stay.

In having the bank account back up to 800k that must be done at least 2 months prior to day of application.

Lot of folk using this method (including myself) prefer to just leave the 800k+ in the account all year round.

Avoids any slip ups 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1