Mexico sues 5 Arizona gun dealers accused of role in weapons trafficking

Scott

Mexico’s Foreign Affairs Secretary Marcelo Ebrard.

The Mexican government filed a lawsuit against five Arizona gun dealers that it claims are responsible for the trafficking of illegal weapons into Mexico.  

The lawsuit, which was filed Monday in U.S. District Court in Arizona, claims that the gun dealers “systematically participate” in trafficking weapons and ammunition to cartels in Mexico by supplying gun traffickers. The dealers are helping cause the deadly cartel violence that occurs in Mexico, the lawsuit claims.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/border-issues/2022/10/12/arizona-gun-dealers-accused-of-trafficking-weapons-sued-by-mexican-government/10477794002/

AZ Central: Medical marijuana dispensaries add health ...

So let me get this straight, all the drugs that cross over the border are blamed on the American appetite. You know cut out the demand and drug smuggling will slow down. Yet the Mexicans are blaming individuals for their gun problem.

C'mon I can't be the only one to see the irony.

I'm not saying I'm an arms dealer, but I'll play one online.   There is BIG money in selling guns

I could see a country use a company to sell tons of guns to let people in another country both kill and destabilize a region.......an unstable country doesn't fight with a bigger country, so you keep selling them guns, drugs, and try to throw them back to the stone ages (read;  Iraq).

you might get sued, which will result in a few laughs.    

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

So let me get this straight, all the drugs that cross over the border are blamed on the American appetite. You know cut out the demand and drug smuggling will slow down. Yet the Mexicans are blaming individuals for their gun problem.

C'mon I can't be the only one to see the irony.

Maybe the irony can be seen in your post.  The DEA has been regularly collaborating in Mexico with the local authorities, and several drug traffickers and money launderers have been extradited to the U.S. to be sentenced and jailed.

It doesn't look like Mexico is just blaming the American demand for drug.

• Like 1