House January 6 committee votes to subpoena Trump during Thursday’s hearing

Scott

15 hours ago, LosLobo said:

That would be suggesting that most of your posts of which 99% don't have any links, are lies!

If so, that would be the only time that you have ever said anything that I agree with.

Rubbish!

Majority of my posts are only opinion, and if I state something as fact I include a link.

You said

16 hours ago, LosLobo said:

Your posts regularly quote talking points that are either directly or indirectly from Trump or the GOP.

as a fact, not an opinion. Ergo the onus is on you to prove it, but you can't, so not true.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, scorecard said:

But will he keep within some well structured obvious boundaries?

Jokin', right?

He'll hopefully reduce the proceedings to a farce ( IMO it's already a farce ) circus and i hope I get to watch it all on the internet. Very enjoyable entertainment.

Whatever happens, I suspect they will regret making him come on.

• Love It 1

10 hours ago, LosLobo said:

A dead switch on the microphone would resolve any outbursts from a recalcitrant Trump who may suffer further charges for contempt.

Given the previous 6 years continual attempts to do him for something, anything, I doubt charges for contempt will be of any concern for him in any way, shape or form.

I suspect he'll just take the fifth and let them go doolally trying to get something out of him.

Either way, I reckon they will come to regret the subpoena.

• Love It 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Rubbish!

Majority of my posts are only opinion, and if I state something as fact I include a link.

You said

as a fact, not an opinion. Ergo the onus is on you to prove it, but you can't, so not true.

I think the problem boils down to the fact that you are unable or unwilling to engage in honest debate. On this forum, like in the rest of the world, beside opinions, facts still do matter.

TBH, if you state something as fact you do not always include a link and if prompted to do so, it is can sometimes be irrelevant and inaccurate.

Edited by LosLobo
  • Like 1

Put trump under oath and give him a mike....he will further incriminate himself within five minutes as he has no clue as to how to keep his big mouth shut much to the chagrin of his "lawyers".  And of course he would not take the fifth as he has said over and over only guilty people take the fifth...sorta boxed yourself in there didn't u donnie or will you claim you never said that even though it is all on tape mutliple times.

But until he takes an oath like all the others he should not and will not be allowed to have a forum to repeat the same old tired bs lies to use as a further con/fundraiser from the kool aide crew.  Amazing that so many don't seem to understand that speaking under oath is very different than just blabbing away on fox or maga friendly outlets.

• Like 2

Trump Jan. 6 subpoena: New poll shows 60% of Americans believe former president should testify

A new poll released by Monmouth University on Wednesday showed that 60% of Americans feel that former President Donald Trump should testify before the Jan. 6 House special committee.

Just one-third of the public — 34% — says he should not have to appear, which includes 67% of Republicans.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-jan-6-subpoena-poll-165159247.html

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Trump Jan. 6 subpoena: New poll shows 60% of Americans believe former president should testify

A new poll released by Monmouth University on Wednesday showed that 60% of Americans feel that former President Donald Trump should testify before the Jan. 6 House special committee.

Just one-third of the public — 34% — says he should not have to appear, which includes 67% of Republicans.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-jan-6-subpoena-poll-165159247.html

I certainly want him to appear. I suspect though, that the committee may regret it if he does.

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Unless he takes the 5th I believe his lawyers will be the ones regretting it

That would be good too. I can imagine it now- the committee members getting exercised and Trump taking the fifth on everything.

However, short of confessing to an actual crime, I doubt there is anything he could say that would make him worse off than he already is.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

That would be good too. I can imagine it now- the committee members getting exercised and Trump taking the fifth on everything.

It would be good, I agree:

‘If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth?’ Trump said — years after invoking it himself

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/05/23/if-youre-innocent-why-are-you-taking-the-fifth-trump-said-years-after-invoking-it-himself/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I certainly want him to appear. I suspect though, that the committee may regret it if he does.

So why do you think he keeps refusing to testify, not just here but in any of the other 'options' he has?

• Thumbs Up 1

The subpoena was issued by Jan 6th committee yesterday and Trump's legal team have responded.

They slammed the committee, I suggest both hypocritically and paradoxically, for making the subpoena public and accused the committee of "flouting norms" with the subpoena.

Edited by LosLobo

On 10/21/2022 at 6:34 AM, Bkk Brian said:

Unless he takes the 5th I believe his lawyers will be the ones regretting it

Any idea of the lawyers that will represent Trump in this subpoena case? Last I heard that he has problem hiring which resulted in the Jan 6 committee delaying serving the subpoena.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/jan-committee-find-trump-lawyer-wholl-accept-service/story?id=91735130