Tory MPs turn on Liz Truss after turbulent day

Scott

image.png

Liz Truss is facing a backlash from Conservative MPs after firing her chancellor and announcing a second U-turn on a major economic policy.

One former minister told the BBC: "we cannot go on like this indefinitely".

Another Tory MP said the party was in a "state of despair" after the PM's Downing Street news conference.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-63263319

BBC.jpg

Somehow it is funny when people in 1st world countries like the USA and UK and many more talk about banana republics and developing nations and all that. 

And then those so-called 1st world countries have one bad leader after the next and it's getting worse all the time.

Over the years we saw many politicians and we thought: Is that real? It can't really get worse. And then it got worse, and worse. I really don't want to think about what will come next in those 1st world countries. It looks many of them are completely f%@#$# up - and it's getting worse. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Somehow it is funny when people in 1st world countries like the USA and UK and many more talk about banana republics and developing nations and all that. 

And then those so-called 1st world countries have one bad leader after the next and it's getting worse all the time.

Over the years we saw many politicians and we thought: Is that real? It can't really get worse. And then it got worse, and worse. I really don't want to think about what will come next in those 1st world countries. It looks many of them are completely f%@#$# up - and it's getting worse. 

I was only thinking this morning......"when was the last time we (the UK) has a Prime Minister of stature?".

I immediately thought of Winston Churchill. Then I struggled after that.

David Cameron was starting to look the best in recent history.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

I was only thinking this morning......"when was the last time we (the UK) has a Prime Minister of stature?".

I immediately thought of Winston Churchill. Then I struggled after that.

David Cameron was starting to look the best in recent history.

Bring back Boris!!!

• Haha 1

No one has mastered the delivery of the punchline to a pointed question more skillfully than members of the British Parliament and British press. You would be hard pressed to find a better example of this than the questions posed to Liz Truss during her recent press conference. It is not out of any partisanship that I say this series of questions and her responses were disastrous for her prospects of continuing as head of her party. She simply isn't ready for prime time, and I believe her days are numbered.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 2

After this week’s PMQs the opposition benches erupted in cheers, laughter and calls of ‘Encore Encore’ as Truss left the dispatch box.

Un edited videos of Truss speeches are being used as opposition campaign material.

There’s no need to add anything, just let her speak and let the voting public hear for themselves what a dullard she is.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

After this week’s PMQs the opposition benches erupted in cheers, laughter and calls of ‘Encore Encore’ as Truss left the dispatch box.

Un edited videos of Truss speeches are being used as opposition campaign material.

There’s no need to add anything, just let her speak and let the voting public hear for themselves what a dullard she is.

What a load of rotters those opposition are, an absolute shower.

FB_IMG_1665100830740.jpg

New chancellor non too complimentary about truss. One wonders who is now pulling the strings. 

truss seems to lost control of policy direction after her disastrous first few weeks. 

#lameducktruss

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/oct/15/jeremy-hunt-difficult-decisions-ahead-truss-mistakes?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

• Like 2