UK Bank Card Readers offered.....

SunsetT

21 minutes ago, DezLez said:

I suggest that nobody responds directly to the OP as I am concerned that this could be a scam to get bank details by PM!

I am just trying to help out after reading on here last year that someone's card reader had expired and they couldnt get a new one from their UK bank. Others posted similarly. I return to the UK every summer, and after switching banks a few times, which is quite lucrative in the UK, I have 3 card readers to spare. No one will be asked to provide me with their bank details.

Edited by SunsetT
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, DezLez said:

Yes!

Next stupid question please!

DO NOT FALL FOR THIS POTENTIAL SCAM!

U r right I could be a scammer but lets use a bit of common sense here. Check my profile, Im a platinum member been posting on here for years. But I really dont give a s h i t. If no-one wants them they will go in the bin.

28 minutes ago, DezLez said:

Wrong!

Don't fall the potential scam!

From your own link:

The first thing to know (which might put you somewhat at ease) is that these card readers do not store any of your details on the device itself. Whenever you slip in your card or punch in your PIN, you can rest assured knowing that the reader isn't holding onto any of that.

This is good news for those worried about mobile online banking. Basically, by requiring a card reader for certain actions, you're forced to carry that card reader around with you if you ever want to perform those actions while on the go.

Some card readers are universal, meaning they can read and generate codes for any EMV card, as long as the card is compatible with the reader's online bank. So in that sense, you could use someone else's card reader when necessary, and their reader wouldn't store anything about your account or card.

36 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

From your own link:

You failed in your "quote" to add this to the end of my link;

"But here's the risk: What happens if the card reader itself is counterfeit, modified, or infected by malware? In that case, you might find that your card info and PIN are recorded and intercepted by a third party. Of course, this is a potential problem for any kind of physical reader, as seen with ATM scam tactics."

The more people try and say that something is safe and then make misleading/edited quotes to support their claim that a potential scam is actually OK the more I suspect it!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Edited by DezLez

7 minutes ago, DezLez said:

You failed in your "quote" to add this to the end of my link;

"But here's the risk: What happens if the card reader itself is counterfeit, modified, or infected by malware? In that case, you might find that your card info and PIN are recorded and intercepted by a third party. Of course, this is a potential problem for any kind of physical reader, as seen with ATM scam tactics."

The more people try and say that something is safe and then make misleading/edited quotes to support their claim that a potential scam is actually OK the more I suspect it!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

You think that they are fake card readers or have been tampered with to hack into peoples bank accounts ?

10 minutes ago, DezLez said:

Did you read the story ?

Read the story first .

The woman gave her card details over the phone with the guise of cancelling the card , the card ........................read the story