Music blasting from neighbour

On 10/19/2022 at 9:53 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Same where I live and I don't live in SEA. It's the age of selfish, ignorant, antisocial creeps that are able to get away with behaving like <deleted> because officialdom doesn't care about such blighting the lives of the common man.

The OP better not confront them if values his skin, and even if moves likely to find more such like <deleted> where he moves to.

IMO they are everywhere, like vermin.

Quite the opposite in fact, Thais practice indirect communication, to stop others losing face; it is a non-confrontational society, and this has many benefits. 

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

Have you tried telling them to shut up? Not everyone is violent or hates foreigners, everybody is different.

Most drinkers anywhere in the world would be very angry if tourists told them to shut up. Can just imagine a group of drunk youths in Leith and an Asian tourist telling them to turn their music down ???? 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Most drinkers anywhere in the world would be very angry if tourists told them to shut up. Can just imagine a group of drunk youths in Leith and an Asian tourist telling them to turn their music down ???? 

Not me. I would consider the request man to man. I don't care what country they are from.

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Why do you live in Central Pattaya, proximity to a beautiful beach? 

Because of shopping options. In the Central Mall I also have many banks. It is simply a better infrastructure than for instance in Jomtien. But Central Pattaya it is also a very big red light district that gets bigger and bigger...

I don't know how much longer I will live at this place. Sadly I bought my condo. But at this time my area was completely quiet.

Better rent in Pattaya since there is no zoning. Your condo can get unusable because of noise. I have this situation already. And I am not the only one. Complaints? We (many) complained very many times at the police and the City Hall but nothing changed. We residents are obviously not as important as the entertainment venues...

• Like 1

I went to Siam TV in Chiang Mai, and exited as quickly as possible.

They are blasting advertisements at top volume from many locations, each area blasting something different but it is all played simultaneously.

Nonstop.

Very recently I made the mistake of going to Wat Doi Kham (also in CM).

I should have told the driver to wait 5 minutes - I would have jumped back in the car and told him to take me back home.

An endless loop is playing at top volume with 4 foot speakers placed all over the entire grounds so there is no escaping it.

A man is speaking in Thai - as soon as he stops, there is literally about 3 - 5 seconds of silence, and then it begins again. Over and over endlessly.

I asked my Thai friend what is being said, and was told "I bought a garland to show my love of God".

So there is a non-stop extremely loud advertisement trying to manipulate people to spend money.

Walked down the driveway to get away from the horrible racket, then I called for another car and escaped as soon as possible.

How can anyone in charge think either of these places are offering a comfortable environment for customers/visitors?

Insanity! 

Edited by JimmyJ
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Quite the opposite in fact, Thais practice indirect communication, to stop others losing face; it is a non-confrontational society, and this has many benefits. 

Quite the contrary, this country has more than it's share of all crime, and gun violence is almost on par with the US, at least as far as percentages. I lived in the US for 62 years, and I never saw people going after others 5 on 1, and with machetes like happens here. I'm not sticking up for any country, as they all have their share.  As far as communication, unlike America, where men and their wives talk, and women and men in general, here it seems the only communication that happens between men and women is the day to day work and regular activities. And the bs that men say to get sex.   https://factsanddetails.com/southeast-asia/Thailand/sub5_8f/entry-3280.html

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Quite the contrary, this country has more than it's share of all crime, and gun violence is almost on par with the US, at least as far as percentages. I lived in the US for 62 years, and I never saw people going after others 5 on 1, and with machetes like happens here. I'm not sticking up for any country, as they all have their share.  As far as communication, unlike America, where men and their wives talk, and women and men in general, here it seems the only communication that happens between men and women is the day to day work and regular activities. And the bs that men say to get sex.   https://factsanddetails.com/southeast-asia/Thailand/sub5_8f/entry-3280.html

What utter6#£&e. 

How on earth would you know what husbands and wives say to one another? 

You can't be serious comparing crime here to the US, with their gang drive by shootings, etc. They're are many places in the US that are cameos to walk especially at night, unlike Thailand. 

What about us cops, 45-1 with Rodney King, George flyod, etc, jeez, that's a funny post, never have I felt mote safe walking the streets, and I come from a developed country, Scotland 

22 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

What utter6#£&e. 

How on earth would you know what husbands and wives say to one another? 

You can't be serious comparing crime here to the US, with their gang drive by shootings, etc. They're are many places in the US that are cameos to walk especially at night, unlike Thailand. 

What about us cops, 45-1 with Rodney King, George flyod, etc, jeez, that's a funny post, never have I felt mote safe walking the streets, and I come from a developed country, Scotland 

I lived in the US for 62 years, and rarely saw any crime, and no gun crime. I sold guns for years, and talked with thousands of gun owners. I never felt unsafe anywhere, besides when I worked in NYC, and I really wasn't in fear anyway. US cops might, some, be trigger happy, but corruption here is way more. Look at the link. Really look, and you'll see what I meant. There are gangs here, and have been here for a century, and trafficking in humans is about the highest in the world. I've been here, and talking to many Thais, for over five years, and observant, and rarely see any of the women talking to their men, besides like I said, and my ex wife and girlfriend here say the same. Others have said the same. Of course I don't live with any of these people, so I'm just going by what I've observed, comparing it to what I saw for those 62 years in the US.

30 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I lived in the US for 62 years, and rarely saw any crime, and no gun crime. I sold guns for years, and talked with thousands of gun owners. I never felt unsafe anywhere, besides when I worked in NYC, and I really wasn't in fear anyway. US cops might, some, be trigger happy, but corruption here is way more. Look at the link. Really look, and you'll see what I meant. There are gangs here, and have been here for a century, and trafficking in humans is about the highest in the world. I've been here, and talking to many Thais, for over five years, and observant, and rarely see any of the women talking to their men, besides like I said, and my ex wife and girlfriend here say the same. Others have said the same. Of course I don't live with any of these people, so I'm just going by what I've observed, comparing it to what I saw for those 62 years in the US.

You never saw any gun crime in the US? Hmm, OK, have you seen any here? 

I haven't, and lived here most my life. 

I've no idea what you mean by not seeing woman talking to their men, strange. 

32 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

32 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Just read the link, and many others, to see what goes on here. There is a lot more crime here than you see just on TV. And the punishment isn't as extreme as in the US either. Except for drug crimes and murders, you can't bribe your way out as easy there as they can here.   From my own observance, in the US for 62 years, and here for the last 5, I don't see the interaction between men and women here like I did there. Talking, just plain talking, about anything and everything. Here, it's rare to see people holding hands in public and kissing, although I do see a little, but compared to home, very little. I've eaten hundreds of meals and barbecues in the US, and saw everyone talking to each other, men and women, wives and husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends, and family members. Here, I and many of my friends here have said the same thing, I see men in a group talking to each other, and the women in a group, on the other side of the yard, talking to each other. The ex and girlfriend said the same thing. I haven't actually seen any gun crime here, besides my ex's nephew, a teenager, who was caught with a pistol three times, and every time, brought to the police station and released to grandma, no charges. He is now in jail for drugs. In the US first offense for having a gun in possession is, just for example, Massachusetts (Others are a little different but similar)

Possess without license: first offense: up to two years in prison or jail, a fine of up to $500, or both. Subsequent offense:

up to two years imprisonment, a fine of up to $1,000, or both.

Possess without license outside of home or place of business: from 2.5 to five years imprisonment, or 18 months to 2.5 years in jail; with a mandatory minimum of 18 months

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

How can anyone in charge think either of these places are offering a comfortable environment for customers/visitors?

Ever heard the saying, 'when in Rome'?

Do you expect the same culture as in Kansas, Kilmarnock, or Canberra?

There are no 'customers' in temples. 

On 10/19/2022 at 6:43 PM, Iamfalang said:

I see Ohropax on shopee.... not sure if it's popular enough to fake, but probably is.    Maybe I'll try them and see.  I have the Thai wax (wax is, IMO, the absolute best) and I'm 90% happy. But I'm always willing to try to find 91+%

If you should ever get hold of them, take two out, remove the protective cotton around it and knead them between your fingers until they are soft. Then form 2 cones with round heads and insert them with the smallest portion first. Then push the rest in to close the ear.

They really work well and you must be prepared to miss phone calls etc. while you are wearing them. For removal it is easy, just <deleted> them with your fingernails. Ohropax advises of course to use new plugs anytime you use them, but this is is not necessary. Marketing only. You may well use one pair 5 times. Just knead them again each time.

Not unsurprisingly, any time I might post a topic about noise, I get shouted down.

Finally, there is someone else who has posted another noise topic which makes us all feel a bit better.

All the above suggestions concerning how you might cope with noise are completely useless.

There is no solution to be found, above ground.

You will never find peace and quiet in Thailand, and so steel yourself for this realization, if you intend to live here for any length of time.

Of course, it is NEVER the case that there is no solution to any given problem.

And, really, the only solution to the noise problem in Thailand, in most places, is to go underground.

What you need is to dig a bunker deep enough to obviate hearing even the loudest bass music from the lousiest bands in Thailand.

I am not sure how you will do this.

Actually, you do not need an overly large underground bunker.

Most objectionable noise happens only during 12 hours of the day.

Therefore, if you dig your bunker, then you could exist down there for most of the day, in peace,

And then you could return to above ground when the din dies down.

Primarily, what you need is a safe place, a safe retreat, where you can slink away when the noise gets tough.

Why?

Because, this is just due to human psychology.

IF you have a safe retreat, then you will be far less likely to become stressed by noise.

In other words, if you are provided with an "option" of going down into your underground bunker, then you will feel more at ease staying above ground, despite the same amount of noise, with far more equanimity.

I could explain how this works, but it might take more time than I am allotted here.

Concerning various underground bunker choices, there are plenty to choose from.

And, underground bunkers are becoming evermore popular with preppers, for example.

If I had purchased land in Thailand, or if I could purchase land in Thailand, one of my first priorities would be to construct an underground bunker, even before I built my above-ground living area.

You might think that living below ground is too extreme a solution for you.

However, nothing could be further from the truth.

For example, we now have many new technologies which make underground living possible.

Sunlight can easily be ducted in using so-called Solar Tunnels.

But, even if you are deep enough to make solar tubes impractical, still there are very many other solution that can make our underground living space so very comfortable.

Most of the noise you experience does not happen 24-hours-per-day.  In order to live a very comfortable and more stress-free, almost noise-free, existence, then you would only need to stay underground for eight to ten hours per day. 

And then, you could emerge above-ground, to enjoy the quiet period, from 2AM to 6AM.

Fortunately, these days, I do not live among roosters as I did for several years in the past.

But this does not mean that I am not subjected to extremely high levels of sound pressure from aircraft flying overhead, day after day.  And, this kind of noise takes it's toll on one. And, I can reference many studies which shows this to be true, if only you would read them.

Therefore, the only sure solution to this noise pollution problem is just to go underground.

Become a Farang mole, is my best advice.

Nothing else will solve your problem so easily.

Go underground, my son.

You guys.

You are so very naïve.

You think two ear plugs will help you.

Ear plugs will only cause you further pain.

The only way to solve this noise problem is to go down.

Down, about three feet.

If you trust me, then just dig your hole in the ground.

It's very quiet underground.

image.thumb.jpeg.4d3bd7cf9f754be37f301f5d4e218d99.jpeg

And, don't come up until the music stops.

13 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Down, about three feet.

I live in the penthouse of a 103-story building!!!!!!

how can I???!?!?!?!?!?!??!!??!?!?!?!?!!?!??!

no matter, I build floating room in clouds and worry about planes.    eat birds, drink rain, good good

29 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

You guys.

You are so very naïve.

You think two ear plugs will help you.

Ear plugs will only cause you further pain.

Down, about three feet.

image.thumb.jpeg.4d3bd7cf9f754be37f301f5d4e218d99.jpeg

And, don't come up until the music stops.

Everyone will be underground eventually, or ashes. While we're here, we need to fit in, and here in Thailand, that means earplugs, because nothing else will work. People are ingrained to do things because others have done them before, and they think it was a good idea , they were their friend and they trusted their judgement, or they had another idea which worked before, so they follow. Like Hitler, Putin, Stalin, Buddha, and Donald Trump. Some think they had a good idea. Others waited until they saw if that idea worked out. Like with most leaders, who are all narcissists, they all fall by the wayside when proven wrong. It's always best to stand back and see what actually does work, instead of taking others advice which hasn't been proven. Earplugs don't hurt and can help. I know your post was sarcasm or came from inebriation, so that's ok, it's not taken seriously.

Edited by fredwiggy