Music blasting from neighbour

Hi folks, Im having annoyance with this neighbour around a km away, but could hear their blasting bass stereos. They are 3-4 Thai drinking males

They don't play till like 10PM, but I want silent relaxing time to rest in my home.

As a foreigner dunt want to confront them directly and don't want to get beaten up & blinded 4 life!!!!

I still got a 7 months lease on my house and its a good location from my workplace. 

Any folks out there with similar situation/experiences and how do you deal with them <deleted>?

• Haha 2

I  sympathise with you. I had a neighbour in the apartment above me back in the UK that used to do come back late at night with his friends and play loud music all night. In the end I got the local council's Noise Abatement Officer to deal with it.

Maybe the local authorities for your area have something similar.

I know near where I now live, people complain to the police if the nearby bars are playing too loud, too late. Then they usually get a visit and told to turn down or turn off.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

So many people must be disturbed by it, and seemingly no one doing anything.

A big problem in Vietnam also.

Thais are not disturbed by noise.

They enjoy it.

Not a lot you can do about it.

There is a reason that it is called The Land Of Noise.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Heh..

More than likely comes from this class of Farang that doesn't [and doesn't care to] socialize with the good Thais in any situation - including the vacant ability to speak the language, doesn't partake of local foods, finding the culture and customs to be foreign, etc. 

????????

Well each to their own if they find life difficult in Thailand then they know what to do or I can tell em if they ask. 

14 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

So many people must be disturbed by it, and seemingly no one doing anything.

A big problem in Vietnam also.

Same where I live and I don't live in SEA. It's the age of selfish, ignorant, antisocial creeps that are able to get away with behaving like <deleted> because officialdom doesn't care about such blighting the lives of the common man.

The OP better not confront them if values his skin, and even if moves likely to find more such like <deleted> where he moves to.

IMO they are everywhere, like vermin.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lacessit said:

The OP should be able to buy noise-cancelling headphones on Lazada.

A kilometre away? Think yourself lucky you are not in a condo, where they could be next door.

Nothing works against the pestilential mega bass garbage such like play on their powerful machines. I hope they go stone deaf.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, petedk said:

I sympathise with you too. The 2 houses next door to us have been bought up by Chinese who basically run them as a hotel/party house.

No matter who stays there they sleep from 7 am to about 4 pm. Then party and make a noise until 6 am.

They have cars with 20 doors in each one and they come and go all night.

Put speakers in your window on their side of the house and play Abba very loudly all day, and see if they like it when they can't sleep.

I am allways amazed by the Balloon parties of bars here in Pattaya. Speakers 3 meters high at very high volume next to the customer area. Seems to be Thai logic but doesn't make any sense to me. I would not be able to sit there 1 minute. 

Edited by Mickeymaus

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Ear plugs don't work on that frequency. I know. Tried everything, and why should we have to use ear plugs because antisocial louts want to play their garbage noise too loudly?

True but better than nothing. I used them with so called noise cancelling headphones when a guy up the road started, I could still hear the windows rattling!

1 minute ago, Mickeymaus said:

I am allways amazed by the Ballon parties of bars here in Pattaya. Speakers 3 meters high at very high volume next to the customer area. Seems to be Thai logic but doesn't make any sense to me. I would not be able to sit there 1 minute. 

I have been to outdoor concerts where the bass was so viciously deep stones were bouncing off the floor at the front.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mickeymaus said:

I am allways amazed by the Ballon parties of bars here in Pattaya. Speakers 3 meters high at very high volume next to the customer area. Seems to be Thai logic but doesn't make any sense to me. I would not be able to sit there 1 minute. 

What gets me is when you have a string of bars cheek by jowl all playing different tracks.

I have suggested to a few bar owners.....why not get together and play the same track......each bar can take a turn each day/week to choose the music......you'd think I was suggesting free beer and no bar fines.

• Haha 2