Music blasting from neighbour

21 hours ago, phetpeter said:

You could try speaking to the headman of the village, most places are considerate and I believe that entertainment has to pull the plug normally at 11pm, if hes a nice man maybe he will speak to them or get the local police to visit them. You could also visit the local police station and file a report. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

I can tell you have never been to the head man to complain about nose from a neighbour ????????????

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, moogradod said:

Lower frequencies are indeed difficult to control. The best I came across is the following which a friend of mine sends me sometime from Switzerland. At least it dampens about 27dB and some of the low freuqency staff. Maybe it is available somewhere online as well:

IMG_0363.thumb.JPG.cd245992b13735764468f05210052049.JPG

If you need an earplug recommendation -> here is my Central Pattaya survival kit... ???????????? Just ask me... 

16661779762630.jpg

6 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

If you need an earplug recommendation -> here is my Central Pattaya survival kit... ???????????? Just ask me... 

16661779762630.jpg

Your kit looks impressive at first sight, but I am sure from the shape of the plugs and materials (some are made out of foam) that Ohropax beats them all by lengths. There is a reason why they get shipped to me 10'000 km. Of course I have tried what is availabel here and they all were useless.

Yike mate sorry to hear this.. hmmm, sadly, you are going to have to endure this... or... for a really good night sleep find a guest house closer to your favorite part of town before you move out from your lease...

3 minutes ago, moogradod said:

Your kit looks impressive at first sight, but I am sure from the shape of the plugs and materials (some are made out of foam) that Ohropax beats them all by lengths. There is a reason why they get shipped to me 10'000 km. Of course I have tried what is availabel here and they all were useless.

Did you really try all of them in the picture?! The ones in the upper right corner are wax like yours. The ones in the upper left corner are foam. But not the kind you might know. They are the best earplugs I ever had. They are from the US company Honeywell. You can't compare them with other (scrap) foam earplugs. These ones are completely different. 

Ear plugs are the only resort you have. The headman will do nothing ,mainly because you are a foreigner. They blast music at 6 AM every morning here, just before they talk about current events. It's been done for decades.  Most Thais are up that early because of farm work, and it doesn't bother them. It DOES bother foreigners and the elders who need to sleep longer, but nothing will be done because they are in the minority. Inconsideration comes easily here, and the highways is a place you will also see this. people (a lot,not all) drive below the speed limit right on the center line, and won't move over to let you pass, which leaves you and the oncoming traffic in danger when you do. It seems that most don't use their mirrors, or just don't care. Everyone has a right to complain. It doesn't matter if this is their country or not. What happens from those complaints will sadly, be little to nothing. Disturbing the peace is wrong, no matter where you live. But again, ear plugs will be the only resort that will work.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2022 at 4:42 AM, Kwasaki said:

Go and join em. ????

They might have things they need to do other then drinking and partying all day. Some people over here actually work and need to make phone calls with people back home, or are running businesses here. Not everyone over here is just a drunk or waking up late and sitting in a bar so it does not matter.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

They might have things they need to do other then drinking and partying all day. Some people over here actually work and need to make phone calls with people back home, or are running businesses here. Not everyone over here is just a drunk or waking up late and sitting in a bar so it does not matter.

This noise pollution is a big problem here especially for people that have to work or for children that need to sleep. Often you get the advice to move. But this is not always that simple. And from my experience here in Central Pattaya. You can complain and many people including myself did many times. But it did not change anything. This "entertainment lobby" is too powerful and can obviously do whatever it wants. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, hansombeast said:

I think the solution would be to befriend them and buy them a bottle of whisky laced with either sleeping pills or laxatives, good motorcycle earplugs should give you some peace

Very bad idea!!!Never ever lace whiskey with sleeping pills or laxatives!!!

Use both at the same time,it will create a long remembered experience.

I would put up with it for as long as I could ... eg; another month or two,  as it might subside but I doubt it.  You don't really have 7 months left on the lease .... you can give a months notice to the owner and tell him/her why your moving. 

Think yourself lucky in that your only renting and didn't buy.   

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Tough TiT and as said don't like it you know the alternative.

4 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

That's why I put my speakers right up to my neighbor's windows from midnight to 5 am and if they complain I yell, "not your business!!!!!!!"

Like when I blow smoke in their house 24 hours a day, "Not your business!!!!"

Of course it's your business!!!  lol

you missed the joke, if you would have read the post i was commenting on he said nose instead off noise