USA Social Security Benefits for Thai wife and Thai/American child - What is required?

I'm a few decades away from retiring, so just curious about A) Retirement income and B) Survivors income...

If my wife and child do nothing, and remain as full Thai citizens only with Thai Passport with no connection to the USA, will they automatically qualify for SS retirement and survivors income? Or is a green card, visa, citizenship required to make this happen? Will it be difficult for them to sign up themselves, or is there something I can do to register them in the SS system to make sure they're 100% taken care of? Is this a quick standard process, or a many years process (like a green card) requiring interviews, lawyers and agents?

Also, is this understanding of the benefits correct?
In the event of my tragic accident, both my wife AND my child (under 18) would each collect a survivors income immediately? (according to the SS benefits portal it looks like $2197 /mo each, or $4,394 /mo?)

When my wife turns retirement age (62-70) she will automatically qualify for SS benefits (looks like its nearly 50% of mine?)

And if I die AND she is 67 full retirement age, her benefit is both survivor + retirement?

And I guess she'll have to pay USA taxes and Thai taxes on this? Or USA exempt if personal income is under $100K rule applies?

Thanks in advance

Edited by creative1000
Added Taxes Question

43 minutes ago, creative1000 said:

If my wife and child do nothing, and remain as full Thai citizens only with Thai Passport with no connection to the USA, will they automatically qualify for SS retirement and survivors income?

No

Your child is a US citizen from birth but you need to do a report of their birth at the embassy in Bangkok or the consulate in Chiang Mai. See this webpage: https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/child-family-matters/

You wife would have to of lived in the US for at least 5 years to qualify. She would need to apply for permanent residency in the US to do that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No

Your child is a US citizen from birth but you need to do a report of their birth at the

Thanks. So at the very least, Thai-American child (or children) while under-18 could file paperwork at the US embassy, and would qualify for my SS survivorship benefits.

47 minutes ago, creative1000 said:

Thanks. So at the very least, Thai-American child (or children) while under-18 could file paperwork at the US embassy, and would qualify for my SS survivorship benefits.

That establishes your child is a US citizen and that would allow them to get survivor benefits. The report of birth should be done now. They could then also apply for a US passport.

• Like 1