Jomtien Immigration - holy <deleted>, busier than pre-Covid 3 years ago!

pontious

1 hour ago, pontious said:

Answer my own question - a nightmare -6 lines in the snake queue - Went Tuesday -same. Pick up passport 2m today - They were stopping people to go in the exit door just to pick up passport - utter chaos.

Are there that many people on visa exempts getting extensions? What time did you end up going yesterday?

Edited by bbi1

8 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Do they have signage where to go, what line to get in, or is it a "not know what to do" scenario?

Everyone goes initially to the same desk at the entrance, where you say your business' and get a ticket and directed what desk to go to.

3 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Everyone goes initially to the same desk at the entrance, where you say your business' and get a ticket and directed what desk to go to.

Those doing 90-day reports go over to the waiting area on the right to hand in their passports to an IO, receive a number, wait, then retrieve the passport when an IO returns with a batch and calls out the number.

No, there's no sign to tell you that. TIT, but always charming.????

3 hours ago, marin said:

What does how many people are at immigration have to do with business in Pattaya?

Um, lots of foreigners in Thailand means lots of foreigners spending money. Can't you put two and two together? lol

Well, maybe expect for the penny pinching retirees living on their pensions counting every baht they have, but the majority of people at immigration today looked under 50.

Edited by bbi1
  • Haha 1

I went last Tuesday; Monday was a holiday; at 8.30 to do my 90 day report and was away by 8.45. There were no queues either to get in the main building. It seems to be a bit of pot luck involved and a big amount of holidays for this, that and t'other.

12 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

It's purely because of the two holiday weekends in a row. I was there last Wednesday, not too busy at all

Got a report from a pal who did his extension Tuesday.... yes he said it was busy but no surprises and it got done efficiently. He is disabled and they make special effort for him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Which entrance is that?.... I hear they have moved a lot out into the carpark. 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Which entrance is that?.... I hear they have moved a lot out into the carpark. 

90 days go to the right - sit in the tent. they take your passport and shout your name when it comes back. To avoid the scrum at the counter  office a man lets only 4 or 5 in at a time - then you get the desk ticket. Everyone else waits in the snake queue until you get to the main office door on the left.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, pontious said:

90 days go to the right - sit in the tent. they take your passport and shout your name when it comes back. To avoid the scrum at the counter  office a man lets only 4 or 5 in at a time - then you get the desk ticket. Everyone else waits in the snake queue until you get to the main office door on the left.

Thanks.... I absolutely hate getting stuck in these snake queues, hot and uncomfortable, wondering if I should be in another queue or whether 12 month extension renewals need not be in them at all. Is it worth 10,000 baht to avoid all this!

7 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Thanks.... I absolutely hate getting stuck in these snake queues, hot and uncomfortable, wondering if I should be in another queue or whether 12 month extension renewals need not be in them at all. Is it worth 10,000 baht to avoid all this!

Unfortunately apart from 90 day reports on the right everyone else joins the snake queue -irrespective of reason to be there. Annoying really because when I got desk 8 ticket for retirement extension it was completely empty. Straight to the desk. No other customer there.

Edited by pontious
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Um, lots of foreigners in Thailand means lots of foreigners spending money. Can't you put two and two together? lol

Most don't stay long enough to visit immigration, plus Thai's dont need to go. ????