2008 Ford Ranger - Fuel injector pump ?

Gknrd

I have got an old 2008 Ranger with a Fuel injector pump bad. Does anyone know where to find one here in Thailand. I was quoted 73000 baht at Ford. So, I would like to find a used one or a China knock off. But, having a hard time of it. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Might try ebay , heres one in Australia.....$999 Aud

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Injector-Pump-FB3Q-9B395-AD-For-Ford-Ranger-T6-2-2L/323430695831?pageci=8742f819-e885-4ea4-a376-d0dd7726ab2f&redirect=mobile

Can also try Facebook marketplace

It seems this is a widespread issue and there are groups on facebook.

It may help if you stated engine type, part number etc.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, seedy said:

A Thai garage can find one for you easily.

Source a good local place, take the car in, and ask.

Who diagnosed the bad FI pump  ?

I first took it into the local mechanic. He could not find the problem. He intern took it to a certified Bosch shop. So they diagnosed the problem as a bad high pressure pump.  Actually it is in their shop as I write this. So far they have had no luck finding a used one. Evidently there is a spring that is broken in the pump assembly or something that pumps the hight pressure diesel into the common rail.  I am no expert what so ever so I am taking their word for it.  

Just for the heck of it I went to Ford and got a price and it was more than the truck was worth... ugggg

Problem is the body and engine are in good shape, but this fuel problem is turning out to be an expensive problem for me..  But, then again I know nothing about this.

Luckily I have another car available so I can leave it there until the problem is fixed... But, if to expensive then I will just junk it. I just hate to junk it just because of a fuel problem. But, I was not expecting the cost. Most of the time when I have a problem the locals can fix it with no problems and little cost. 

Edited by Gknrd

This is a very common pump made by Continental-VDO. Its fitted to the Ranger 2.2, Mazda BT50 2.2 and in the UK there are huge numbers of Transit 2.2 with this pump.  New units are around GBP500 in the UK.  You should be able to source one from a Diesel parts supplier in Thailand for around ฿20k or buy from China via Aliexpress etc.

Search also under the Continental part number for this pump.. A2C59517043

I don't know about Thailand, but in the UK Ford parts pricing has become extortionate in the last few years and Ford parts are frequently more expensive than MB and BMW. The Ford dealer is usually the last resort.

• Like 1

When and if you fit a new pump, do yourself a huge favour ...

Install a Racor filter as the first line of defence. Comes with water separator built in. We fit them on all our diesel engines - gensets, pumps, trucks, dozers, loaders, excavators.

For a 4 cylinder diesel the 500 series is large enuf

ra.jpg

• Like 1

Just in from the Bosh guy, he said he found one in BKK for 18000 Baht. I am really out of my element here but I tole him to get it and install it. He said he would give a 3 month warranty. 

It will be here next week. I will let you know how it goes. With everything about 800 US dollars was the quote he gave me.

I went looking for a new truck today also. Toyota , Isuzu. fairly basic model was 720,000 Baht.  This old Ford has 355 KM on the clock so?  Not sure how much longer I have with it. . 

2 hours ago, seedy said:

Was in a Songthaew with over 750,000 Km

Engine never been opened.

If yours has had regular oil changes expect the same.

Fingers crossed, I will keep it as long as I can keep it running. It's starting to show it's age. Paint is getting faded and plastic inside is turning.  Especially around the door panels. It was the cheapest truck I could buy when I bought it so I am more than happy with it... 14 years and still going if this repair fixes it..

Looked at a new Toyota and Isuzu , it sure was tempting. With the baht running over 38/dollar I could of walked out with a new truck for about 19K.... 

Edited by Gknrd

21 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

This is a very common pump made by Continental-VDO. Its fitted to the Ranger 2.2, Mazda BT50 2.2 and in the UK there are huge numbers of Transit 2.2 with this pump.  New units are around GBP500 in the UK.  You should be able to source one from a Diesel parts supplier in Thailand for around ฿20k or buy from China via Aliexpress etc.

Search also under the Continental part number for this pump.. A2C59517043

I don't know about Thailand, but in the UK Ford parts pricing has become extortionate in the last few years and Ford parts are frequently more expensive than MB and BMW. The Ford dealer is usually the last resort.

11 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

Are you sure it was a Ford? I've seen a lot of the 2.2s but never one with that sort of mileage..

The OP's 2008 Ranger does not have a 2.2.

It will be either a 2.5 or 3.0.

• Like 1