Liz Truss resigns as Britain’s Prime Minister after disastrous six-week tenure

Scott

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Coining a new phrase going forward.

Pulling a Truss.

I believe that refers to someone out of their depth, repeating a mantra ad infinitum and avoiding anyone who could burst their lunatic scheme balloon with cold hard logic. 

• Like 1

Next up has to be Rishi.

He said in the leadership race Truss's plans wouldn't work. He was right.

A quiet guy with no skeletons in the cupboard. Any mud slingers will find their mud doesn't stick.

No razzmatazz. His pledges offered stability and a need to wait and move ahead bit by bit. 

It can only be him for next PM.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JayClay said:

He won't have the support of the ERG, or any of the Boris Brigade, so it'll be difficult for him to get enough support. Especially as Graham Brady has confirmed that they expect to put the vote to the membership.

He's definitely the best of a bad (an awful) bunch, but it'll be difficult for him.

I believe the vote will only go to the members if there is a close race. If the majority of MPs get behind one candidate they will vote him/her in. I think they know there is only one candidate they dare choose.

Edited by youreavinalaff

A post violating Fair Use Policy has been removed.

27. You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Only post a link, the headline and three sentences from the article. Content in the public domain is limited to the same restrictions.

https://aseannow.com/terms/

“A wilting 60p iceberg lettuce from Tesco in a blond wig has been crowned the winner of a bizarre competition after outlasting Liz Truss’s tenuous grip on power.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/oct/20/iceberg-lettuce-in-blonde-wig-outlasts-liz-truss?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

That is your legacy truss. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, bannork said:

To compete as a candidate for PM, the applicants must secure 100 votes from MPs on Monday. 

This favours Sunak.

Boris could have a few social parties this week-end and get more people onside 

#ComebackBoris

Edited by Mac Mickmanus

I've had KFC in the fridge longer than Liz's tenure .......  

oh Liz ...   come back'   where are you going dear  !!    oh you just need a bit more time that's all    !!

well ......   on second thought's you better tell Boris to come in we need to talk....    Lol   

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

I've had KFC in the fridge longer than Liz's tenure .......  

oh Liz ...   come back'   where are you going dear  !!    oh you just need a bit more time that's all    !!

well ......   on second thought's you better tell Boris to come in we need to talk....    Lol   

Neither of those solutions is going to help the U.K.  

#generalelectionnow.