doing my yearly marriage what papers at jomtien

Go to www.pcec.club (Pattaya City Expats Club website), across the top hover your mouse over Thai Immigration topic - near the bottom of the drop down menu is "Checklists" - click on that and in the page that comes up, you can select their documents checklist for those obtaining a marriage visa at the Immigration Office in Jomtien.    It is based on reports they receive from expats doing their extension renewals at Jomtien Immigration and should be up to date.

• Like 2

I did mine yesterday, it was relatively painless for a change, word of warning, DON'T use a downloadable TM7, go there and get their form, they won't accept the downloadable version, 2 years in a row I've had them rejected and made to fill in 2 new ones. Also I was asked for photo copies of the inside cover page of my SCB passbook, not sure I've been asked for that before, I use the seasoned 400k method.

I don't think you can send a lawyer (or agent ) to do a marriage extension as part of the process is presenting together, as a couple.

I did a marriage extension last month, the list is basically the same but they introduce a couple of subtle changes each year, its a game. one year they want entry stamp page from passport, next year they hand it back like its radioactive.

Just take everything with you, because no matter what, you will be quickly photocopying something they didn't want last year.

Basic list is various random pages from passport(data page, entry stamp page, last extn page,tm6, tm30 etc), marrige cert, koror2, bank letter and passbook, hand drawn map, photos.

Edited by Peterw42

2 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I don't think you can send a lawyer (or agent ) to do a marriage extension as part of the process is presenting together, as a couple.

I did a marriage extension last month, the list is basically the same but they introduce a couple of subtle changes each year, its a game. one year they want entry stamp page from passport, next year they hand it back like its radioactive.

Just take everything with you, because no matter what, you will be quickly photocopying something they didn't want last year.

Changed to a Non-O based on retirement last week to avoid all the hassles each year an extension of stay based on marriage presented. 

Now it's a breeze as I get an agent to do all the paper/leg work and no need for me to got to an immigration office.

Yes, it costs more than the extension renewal, but it's worth it not have to front immigration and be @#%$*& around.

A lot less STRESS

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ozfarang said:

Changed to a Non-O based on retirement last week to avoid all the hassles each year an extension of stay based on marriage presented. 

Now it's a breeze as I get an agent to do all the paper/leg work and no need for me to got to an immigration office.

Yes, it costs more than the extension renewal, but it's worth it not have to front immigration and be @#%$*& around.

A lot less STRESS

Can you tell us how much you paid please and possibly name the agent ?

24 minutes ago, ozfarang said:

A lot less STRESS

Yes, it can be a bit of extra photocopies etc, but once you have all the documents its basically a couple of hours once a year. Most of the documents, including photos, map, passport etc,  I resubmit each year,

I usually fire up the printer the night before and do copies,. I start the day at the ampher for kor ror 2, then go to the bank, then get to immigration mid morning, and usually done by lunch (there is never a queue at the marriage desk)

No agent fees, no 800k in bank before/after etc (a simple 400k 2 months prior, held in foreign currency), I can work if I choose to, possible path to PR.

Edited by Peterw42

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

Yes, it can be a bit of extra photocopies etc, but once you have all the documents its basically a couple of hours once a year. Most of the documents, including photos, map, passport etc,  I resubmit each year,

I usually fire up the printer the night before and do copies,. I start the day at the ampher for kor ror 2, then go to the bank, then get to immigration mid morning, and usually done by lunch (there is never a queue at the marriage desk)

No agent fees, no 800k in bank before/after etc (a simple 400k 2 months prior, held in foreign currency), I can work if I choose to, possible path to PR.

None of what you quoted interests me anymore as I operate STRESS free through an agent. 

I did it long enough to get sick and tired of being jerked around by immigration officers and their interpretations of the requirements and each year different requirements.

I'm happy to pay an agent 

2 hours ago, soisanuk said:

Go to www.pcec.club (Pattaya City Expats Club website), across the top hover your mouse over Thai Immigration topic - near the bottom of the drop down menu is "Checklists" - click on that and in the page that comes up, you can select their documents checklist for those obtaining a marriage visa at the Immigration Office in Jomtien.    It is based on reports they receive from expats doing their extension renewals at Jomtien Immigration and should be up to date.

2 hours ago, soisanuk said:

thanks ,just what i wanted as i lost the old one ,i have all the required documents ,lets hope it goes smoothly ,as i am as not as  strong as i was last year ,luckily my wife is quite switched on ,an her mate the lawyer she  checks everything for us .

I too have changed from 8yrs of self inflicted marriage  extensions to agent procured retirement partly due to mobility problems at immigration bank amphur and covid based access  controls in the heat  and partly because the year long planning and  preparation stress me and my wife more each year. Yes it is expensive but if you add up all the consequencial costs of annual preparedness it's well worthwhile 

22 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Extension based on retirement much easier than extensiom based on marriage. No need whatsoever for pay an agent unless, that is, you're too idle or too scared to do it yourself.

That's your opinion @Thingamabob

No, too idle(whatever that's suppose to mean), too scared. Are you for real. 

You just keep doing the extensions yourself and I will continue to use an agent.

STRESS free and no trips to immigration to be jerked around????

Thanks for your input