Yellow house book necessary to avoid condo tax

40 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Using your Pink card at Pattaya DLT (instead of obtaining a Residence Certificate)will result in you not being allowed to drive outside the province of Chonburi.....as told to me 1st hand in August this year....maybe check the small print on the back of your DL?

The fine print on the back of the DL gives the issuing office and says nothing about any such restriction and "the holder used a yellow book." In my case, though, I never drive outside of Chonburi anyway. Why would anyone wish to????? That's what Bolt, buses, vans, and planes are for.

Edited by BigStar

8 minutes ago, BigStar said:

The fine print on the back of the DL gives the issuing office and says nothing about any such restriction and "the holder used a yellow book." In my case, though, I never drive outside of Chonburi anyway. Why would anyone wish to????? That's what Bolt, buses, vans, and planes are for.

I dont fly or use Bolt to go to the Wife,s village in Chaiyaphum..2 or 3 times a year...or to play golf in Rayong or Bangkok.

30 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

I dont fly or use Bolt to go to the Wife,s village in Chaiyaphum..2 or 3 times a year...or to play golf in Rayong or Bangkok.

Lighten up. Personally, I wouldn't worry. How many times have you been stopped? If you are, would they run your DL thru a computer? No. Would the computer show any "restriction?" Probably not. Would you be arrested? Absurd. You can drive without a license and be fined B200 according to this.

Reminds me of posters who insist they have to carry their passports at all times and cite Authority. Or those who always go back to Immigration 90-days after their extensions to present their bankbooks, 'cause they got a paper telling them to.

Maybe I just like to live dangerously. Up 2 U.

Edited by BigStar

1 hour ago, BigStar said:

Lighten up. Personally, I wouldn't worry. How many times have you been stopped? If you are, would they run your DL thru a computer? No. Would the computer show any "restriction?" Probably not. Would you be arrested? Absurd. You can drive without a license and be fined B200 according to this.

Reminds me of posters who insist they have to carry their passports at all times and cite Authority. Or those who always go back to Immigration 90-days after their extensions to present their bankbooks, 'cause they got a paper telling them to.

Maybe I just like to live dangerously. Up 2 U.

Thankfully I don't have to worry as I can drive where ever I want courtesy of the resident certificate I provided, as both my yellow book and Pink card counted for nowt at Pattaya DLT....

Edited by keithsimmonds

17 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Thankfully I don't have to worry as I can drive where ever I want courtesy of the resident certificate I provided, as both my yellow book and Pink card counted for nowt at Pattaya DLT....

It's true that some Land Transport Offices will only accept Certificates of Residence as proof of address.  Phuket was like that up until a few years ago.  Now they accept yellow house registration (tabian bahn) books as well.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

both my yellow book and Pink card counted for nowt at Pattaya DLT....

But mine did, and so they promptly issued my license. In fact, I didn't even have to take the colorblind or the braking test. How good is that?

If yours counted for nowt, then perhaps you'd better pay closer attention to your personal hygiene. I think this may lie at the heart of the many problems reported by our members regarding customer service in Thailand.

16 minutes ago, BigStar said:

But mine did, and so they promptly issued my license. In fact, I didn't even have to take the colorblind or the braking test. How good is that?

If yours counted for nowt, then perhaps you'd better pay closer attention to your personal hygiene. I think this may lie at the heart of the many problems reported by our members regarding customer service in Thailand.

Nice comment.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

That sounds like sloppy procedures from them or you used an agent or your High Karate aftershave won them over

Agent????? Could have been my battle-tested Truefitt & Hill Trafalgar--serious panty-dropping juice my gf loves on me--but more likely just the usual wit, charm, and good looks.???? 'Course, they loved that yellow book and pink card. My advice: level up. 

Edited by BigStar