Status of Ban Phu Nam Ron Border Crossing for Border Bounce

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

This former sponsor of the forum has a good reputation

I just looked at their website, wherein they currently list a total cost of 3500 THB, which includes the Cambodian visa fees. 

Another service provider I have been talking to this week for the same visa run charges only 3200 THB, but that price does NOT include the Cambodian visa, (but they do pick me up at my residence here in Pattaya). So, after incorporating the not-included Cambodian visa fee of 30 USD, the difference is about 22 USD more for this alternative option. Is there something I am not aware of that might make this more expensive option worth the extra cost?

And, is it unusual to not include the Cambodian fees on these types of mini-van visa-run services?

Edited by Terry B

1 hour ago, Terry B said:

I just looked at their website, wherein they currently list a total cost of 3500 THB, which includes the Cambodian visa fees. 

Another service provider I have been talking to this week for the same visa run charges only 3200 THB, but that price does NOT include the Cambodian visa, (but they do pick me up at my residence here in Pattaya). So, after incorporating the not-included Cambodian visa fee of 30 USD, the difference is about 22 USD more for this alternative option. Is there something I am not aware of that might make this more expensive option worth the extra cost?

And, is it unusual to not include the Cambodian fees on these types of mini-van visa-run services?

The Cambodian fees can change at short notice (not the official fees, but the final price after presents to Cambodian immigration). For that reason, a visa run company quoting a price that includes all fees is taking a risk that makes their price slightly superior, even, if the costs were already equivalent In this case, there would be no reason to opt for a price of 3,200 baht plus Cambodian fees ... unless you found that the transportation was much more comfortable for the more expensive option (perhaps, a full size bus rather than a minibus).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BritTim said:

a full size bus rather than a minibus

I love those full size buses, much better. But, no, I think they also mini-vans. So, in this case, the one that includes ALL the Cambodian fees sounds like the winner.

I am in the process of trying to contact them right now. They go on Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.

On 10/25/2022 at 4:44 PM, ubonjoe said:

Ban Laem is good crossing to go to from Bangkok. You go there by van with a visa service.

This former sponsor of the forum has a good reputation. https://www.thaivisaservice.com/

Laos would be a longer trip from Bangkok. The crossing to Laos in Nong Khai would be easy to travel to overland or by air visa Udon Thani. 

By air the crossing at Chong Chom here in Ubon would be good by air and then it is about 90 km to the crossing.

Thank you. I'll probably extend for 60 days, then maybe find a cheap round trip air flight, if there is such a thing anymore. If I go to Ban Laem, I'll rent a car and drive to there.  (Vans just aren't my thing).

Edited by AgMech Cowboy

2 minutes ago, stratocaster said:

Just want to confirm if this is BS or the border has reopened. Just talked to a guy who claims he has just got a 45 day VE from Mae Sai within the last week.

How was he able to enter Myanmar? As far as I know they are not allowing foreigners to enter at border crossings. Evidently they are not doing the border pass that was done before for 500 baht (I think it was that much from memory).

• Like 1

On 10/27/2022 at 4:02 AM, stratocaster said:

Just want to confirm if this is BS or the border has reopened. Just talked to a guy who claims he has just got a 45 day VE from Mae Sai within the last week.

This is important information. Please try to get some more details on this. If true Phu Nam Ron should be open as well. Thank you!

On 10/27/2022 at 9:02 AM, stratocaster said:

I cannot find a confirmation of opening of the Thai Myanmar borders, but I found an article which does make it more plausible (https://www.pratidintime.com/latest-assam-news-breaking-news-assam/myanmar-officially-opens-indo-myanmar-international-land-border).

If the long mooted border openings with India have now gone through, it seems very possible that those with Thailand have reopened. I would expect visa run companies to know.

EDIT: The Myanmar eVisa site's Notice for Tourists still contains this:

• Note: With a view to preventing importation and spread of COVID-19, the Government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar has temporarily suspended entry of any foreign nationals through any border check point being opened between Myanmar and its neighboring countries. The entry and exit of local population on both sides of the border through the existing check points concerned will not be restricted. They will be subject to health check and temperature screening at the entry of the border check points. Any foreign national with valid entry visa may enter and exit to/from Myanmar only at Yangon International Airport and Mandalay International Airport in accordance with the existing rules and regulations.

That information conflicts with the article above that shows Myanmar India borders open.

Edited by BritTim

33 minutes ago, BritTim said:

If the long mooted border openings with India have now gone through, it seems very possible that those with Thailand have reopened. I would expect visa run companies to know.

The article for India does mention a visa being required to do a crossing unless living near the crossing.

Another difference might be that their is no conflicts happening near those crossings. The main crossing at Mae Sot. Mae Sai and Kanchanaburi have have some conflicts nearby on the Myanmar side of the border.

FYI, I was able to make a successful border run with full-service van service to one of the two aformenti0oned Cambodian border crossings in the south. Aside from one hiccup at the very beginning of the journey with them, it was a fast and easy border run. And this was my very first time using any sort of border-run-van service like this before.

This was so much easier and faster than doing it yourself! They picked me up at 5 am, then plus-one more hour to pick everyone else up; then, down to the border - and finally, dropped me off at the same place they picked me up at -- at 3 pm!

I am now committing to writing a more in-depth and professional review of this trip for this forum, sometime before the end of this month!