Date(s) for monthly payment of UK State Pension?

Recenty arranged my UK state pension to be paid  direct to my Bangkok Bank  account in Thailand.

Can anyone tell me the date October pension payment will be made?

How long does it takes to appear in my account at Bangkok Bank account here in Thailand?

Anywhere I get check dates for future state pension dates?

Are payment dates same or different from those of us living in Thailand to those living in UK?

Thank you for any input.

This might help.  Depends on the last 2 numbers of your Nat ins number.  But normally every 28days.  Sometimes a few days early, if your payment day falls on a public/bank holiday.

But so far never later than 28 days.

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/1648703/state-pension-payment-date-changes-August-bank-holiday-DWP-UK-2022

Edited by Raindancer
Correction
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Raindancer said:

This might help.  Depends on the last 2 numbers of your Nat ins number.  But normally every 28days.  Sometimes a few days early, if your payment day falls on a public/bank holiday.

But so far never later than 28 days.

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/1648703/state-pension-payment-date-changes-August-bank-holiday-DWP-UK-2022

Does apply to being pay abroad my NI last two numbers are 29.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Mine is 28 days also for state pension, keeps creeping down a couple of days earlier, eventually I will get two payments in one calendar month 28 days apart ???? not that it makes a difference 

It means you get thirteen lunar month payments rather than 12 monthly Gregorian Calander payments per Gregorian Calander year, with a one-day bonus on a leap year I assume!

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Mine is 28 days also for state pension, keeps creeping down a couple of days earlier, eventually I will get two payments in one calendar month 28 days apart ???? not that it makes a difference 

So what's your last 2 NI numbers does it coinside with day paid i don't think my does. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, DezLez said:

Makes no difference but you can ask them to change to different dates and intervals. 

Also i don't think you can change the day that they pay your UK pension because they would then have make an adjustment to what your set 4 weekly payment is. 

You can change the amount times they pay you your UK pension within a 1 year period.

When i got my UK pension i chose Thai bank for IPC to pay into and if i want to change it i can only do it annually.

I was told my UK pension would be paid from the start on a Monday which is was and that got changed by the Thai bankok bank until the Thursday, when i ask DWP for the 3 day delayed amount i was ignored.

13 hours ago, DezLez said:

It means you get thirteen lunar month payments rather than 12 monthly Gregorian Calander payments per Gregorian Calander year, with a one-day bonus on a leap year I assume!

Yep thats it 365 days divided by 28 is 13 payments a year

6 hours ago, steve187 said:

state pension 

00 to 19 Monday
20 to 39 Tuesday
40 to 59 Wednesday
60 to 79 Thursday
80 to 99 Friday

My last 2 as said are 29 and i get my UK pension on a Thursday so that information is no good.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

That's exactly what i have been on about it doesn't happen in Thailand or maybe it does depending on what Thai bank you use. 

That's the day it's paid out by the government.  Your delay is it being processed by Citibank and sending it overseas.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

18 minutes ago, treetops said:

That's the day it's paid out by the government.  Your delay is it being processed by Citibank and sending it overseas.

With respect that is your guess. 

DWP told me i would receive my UK pension in Thailand on Monday's which i did for about 2 years then it got altered to Thursday because of the Bangkok bank changing there system to receiving money from abroad from other countries. 

Apparently according to IPC my pension still arrives in Thailand on the Monday and the delay is the head office Bangkok bank in Bangkok processing the payment to send to my Bangkok bank a/c at the Sukhothai branch. 

6 minutes ago, overherebc said:

My NI number is between 60 and 79 and date of pension paid doesn't fit that table.   First payment was 28 days after my 65th birthday and then every 28 days after the first payment.

is it paid to a Thailand bank, if so it will be a few days later

7 minutes ago, steve187 said:

if paid to a Thailand bank, it will be a few days later

Use to be paid Monday now on Thursday because of the way my Bangkok bank wanted the money paid into Thailand via a swift thingy as I remember.

On 10/26/2022 at 10:51 AM, Kwasaki said:

My day is a Thursday every 4 weeks throughout the year.

My next Thursday pension payment is November 3rd. 

Not everyone same as far as i know. 

My next payment is on Friday 21 October and every 4th Friday after unless the Friday is a bank holiday in the UK.

The only people who can tell what day you will be paid by the DWP, are the DWP themselves as it all depends on you NI number.

How long it will take depends on the bank routing. AFAIR the DWP transfer it to one bank in the UK (Citibank but if I am wrong somebody will correct me), who then transfer it through their network until it reaches BBK Bank. You won't know what forex rate you will get or how much will be deducted as 'fees' on the way.

I get my pensions sent to Wise bank in the UK and do a manual transfer from there. It takes about 3 or 4 minutes per transfer and I know how much I transferred, what forex rate I get (guaranteed for that transaction), how much I will receive in thb and when it will be in BBK bank to within 15 minutes. Also the forex rate that Wise pays is about 50 or more satang per GBP than being sent direct by the DWP.

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

My next payment is on Friday 21 October and every 4th Friday after unless the Friday is a bank holiday in the UK.

The only people who can tell what day you will be paid by the DWP, are the DWP themselves as it all depends on you NI number.

How long it will take depends on the bank routing. AFAIR the DWP transfer it to one bank in the UK (Citibank but if I am wrong somebody will correct me), who then transfer it through their network until it reaches BBK Bank. You won't know what forex rate you will get or how much will be deducted as 'fees' on the way.

I get my pensions sent to Wise bank in the UK and do a manual transfer from there. It takes about 3 or 4 minutes per transfer and I know how much I transferred, what forex rate I get (guaranteed for that transaction), how much I will receive in thb and when it will be in BBK bank to within 15 minutes. Also the forex rate that Wise pays is about 50 or more satang per GBP than being sent direct by the DWP.

When emailing DWP ( IPC ) their standard bot reply is " Your UK pension can take anything up to 8 days to reach your overseas bank account ".