Any recent reports of obtaining a visa in Phnom Penh?

Hi,

Has anyone recently obtained a Tourist visa or Non-B in Phnom Penh?

I have a flight to PP at the end of next month?

I plan to get a tourist visa if I don't have all of the docs together for a Non-B by then.

Has anyone done either of these visas in PP recently?

What was your experience?

Last time I was in Cambodia was more than 5 years ago. Back then it was easy to use an agent to visit the Thai Embassy for you.

Any recommendations and insight would be appreciated.

Cheers!

3 hours ago, BKKrunaway said:

Thanks @DrJack54

Requirements are clear. Would also prefer not to visit the embassy myself (if avoidable).

If anyone has more recent info. on good agents in PP please share?

Cheers!

Please let me know if you have a good agent. I am also in need of one.

thanks 

bobeychao

Was in Phnom Penh a couple of weeks ago. Although I moved to Vietnam a few years ago and don't need Thai Visas anymore, I did have a chat with the agent I used for 15 years for Thai visas. He told me that he has never seen it as difficult as it is now. 60 % of visa applications are rejected by the Thai embassy. One would think that coming out of the Covid Pandemic,Thailand would do everything in it's power to bring back foreign tourists, but that seems not to be the case. 

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, thecyclist said:

He told me that he has never seen it as difficult as it is now. 60 % of visa applications are rejected by the Thai embassy.

Just tacking onto your post.

Pre covid PP also gave extra gift.

Full page sticker of tv with large RED VOID stamp .

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Just tacking onto your post.

Pre covid PP also gave extra gift.

Full page sticker of tv with large RED VOID stamp .

Yes, out of a given number of applications, that a low level  Cambodian clerk had approved, the Thai superior had to (at random or not) pick a few and override the approval to show who was in charge. That's the Thai way. The Thai embassy in PP hasn't been a friendly one since the anti-Thai riots when rioters set the embassy on fire, and the Thai staff had to climb over the wall to take refuge in the Japanese embassy. Before that it was a no questions asked repeated TVs possible. After that lots of questions asked.My only ever denial of a TV visa I got when they were housed in that temporary shed(while regular embassy was being renovated), after waiting for hours in the hot sun. A Thai guy came out to briefly join me in the hot sun. He had listed all my previous entries(2 from Laos, 3 from PP). When I tried to appeal, he warned me off by telling me that I could still get a visa exemption at the border or go to Laos, but any further arguing would result in a red stamp, which would make the alternatives more difficult. 

• Thanks 1