Soi dog attacked - stray suffers eye injury angering dog lovers

webfact

image.png

PICTURE: INN

INN reported that animal lovers were paying attention to a story about a stray dog in Pathum Thani that was reported injured in Lat Lum Kaew. It was covered in blood. 

The about seven year old male animal was found by Poh Teck Tung rescue services with an eye injury under a pick-up in the soi leading to Klong Chao Muang school.

After first aid at the scene rescue officials took the dog to a vet's in Sam Khok.

Vet Katanya Sae-lim said that the dog had been given pain killers but there was no nerve damage so it is hoped the animal's sight will not be affected.

He needs monitoring to prevent other diseases before he is allowed back on the mean streets of Pathum Thani. 

She thought that the dog had been hit with a blunt object due to the nature of his injuries. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-10-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

That is not just a Thai trait.

It happens in most civilised countries.

Just a minute before reading the OP I was reading a Plymouth (UK) paper.  A dog had been found with it's throat cut out, leg broken etc etc.  So as you say, it happens elsewhere.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Keep Right said:

The mind of the Thais. Treat the feral dog, give it pain killers and then release it to continue to roam the streets of Thailand to potentially hurt innocent citizens. Thainess in its glory.

I didn't realise that you know the dog, that it's feral and might attack people. Most of the homeless dogs I see sit around food stalls hoping for something being tossed their way. Similar to homeless people, actually.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2baht said:

Why don't the "animal lovers" take them in and give them a home and get them of the streets if they are so concerned!

Many animal lovers do.

My next door neighbour has four. Friends that I 'dog sit' for have two. many other neighbours have one or two adopted strays.

This goes on everywhere

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tropicalevo said:

Many animal lovers do.

My next door neighbour has four. Friends that I 'dog sit' for have two. many other neighbours have one or two adopted strays.

This goes on everywhere

Well, that's accounted for about 12, thousands of the ownerless mongrels are still on the loose!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, 2baht said:

Comparing the number of snake and rat bites to the number of dog attacks, get rid of the dogs!

I agree, it is a shame they do not clean up the streets, both dogs for dogs sake and provide registration on every dog as well regulate who is allowed to breed dogs. Also important to clean up and stucture as well discipline garbage handling and safety. 

Anyway if you get rid of dogs now without making a good plan, there will be a huge problem with rats and snakes, and trust me, most people will think that will be a much worse problem than dogs that also provide some guardian if you treat them good. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

I agree, it is a shame they do not clean up the streets, both dogs for dogs sake and provide registration on every dog as well regulate who is allowed to breed dogs. Also important to clean up and stucture as well discipline garbage handling and safety. 

Anyway if you get rid of dogs now without making a good plan, there will be a huge problem with rats and snakes, and trust me, most people will think that will be a much worse problem than dogs that also provide some guardian if you treat them good. 

Very comforting, the third world, is'nt it!

• Haha 1

Just walked 400 metres to and from Mom & Pop shop in East Pattaya.

Rounded up by 15 soi dogs protecting their dinner plates which the locals put out.

Vermin.

Take a big stick with you & prepare for another 100 dogs behind gates in tiny yards to go ape.

4 hours ago, Hummin said:

If there was not so many dogs, there would be more rats, mouse, and snakes. What do you prefere? Dogs or snakes in populated areas? 

From what I know most soi dogs only bark at snakes, thus the snake goes behind the first safe fence it can find.

Possibly my house.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 2baht said:

......but it's a Thai forum! ????  If there were'nt so many stray, ownerless mongrels on the street, this would'nt happen! Why don't the "animal lovers" take them in and give them a home and get them of the streets if they are so concerned!

It is useless and a waste of time to talk to dog haters and climate change deniers .

We , by now , take care for about 25 soi dogs .In 2 walled in properties .  I pay about 80000 baht a month to care for them . I love them all . They are loyal and protective .One even saved my wife's life by killing a cobra when my wife was gardening . It got bit and died . Very sad .

To all dog haters here : I hope you get the same treatment as the one you propose for the soi dogs . Because , in no way , you are better than them . 55

Edited by nobodysfriend