Does it gets boring in Koh Phangan, Samui?

Just now, parafareno said:

I called few hotels with bungalows.....they do not rent out per month at all. Or the prices are 20000 bht per month. So are the posters here even in koh larn or somewhere in USA typing away their comments?

Search for local Facebook groups, there you will find many locals and foreigners who rent out.

Also Reggae garden do long term rentals but need motorbike if staying there. Nice bar, beach and restaurants close by.

i called now at least 15 places....no monthly rates....or if it is it is always over 20000....so people here looking for 10000 per month bungalow....do you get one with rats and no phone, internet? So much misinfrmation here...people just claiming no problem 10000 bht no problem at all....

15 hours ago, parafareno said:

i called now at least 15 places....no monthly rates....or if it is it is always over 20000....so people here looking for 10000 per month bungalow....do you get one with rats and no phone, internet? So much misinfrmation here...people just claiming no problem 10000 bht no problem at all....

You have a lot to learn, about Thailand and about these discussions.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, parafareno said:

You called 15 places? You speak Thai?

On 10/29/2022 at 7:51 PM, parafareno said:

You have been advised to go somewhere, rent short time and look around. You probably won't find what you want on the phone.

Up to you if you take the advice you have been given.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2022 at 6:07 PM, BonMot said:

You don't understand. That is the game.

When the game is over (your holleeday) you're supposed to pay the woman. It is UNDERSTOOD by all but total numbnutz.

If you've actually fined her out of an establishment there is probably a daily bar fine to be paid if she plans on returning as well.

I totally get that the attraction to the Thai prostitution scene is about a sweet, charming woman playing the gf you never had as opposed to the rough hookers in much of the world.

Nevertheless, she is just that and needs to be paid.

I've seen a few young guys walk away from women after weeks together because there wasn't anything negotiated in the initial phase of the *relationship*. Then, at the end the excuse is always... Well, she didn't ask for anything. WTFF planet are these people from? Planet Clueless and Planet Charlie.

Most bars allow a long term one off bar fine, which works out cheaper than daily if keeping her a long time.

On 10/28/2022 at 7:50 AM, Hummin said:

What if that bar girl turns out to be gold during your time you get to know her, are you just going to dump her when you going back? What kind of man manage to dump a good girl he shared a good time with? Maybe the best time of his life for Cheap money. She never asked for one baht while together, never shared one negative moment, just positive and happy everyday, and seems genuine in every way you look at her. 

Anyone thinks a bar girl doesn't need to be paid needs their head examined. It's her JOB!!!!!!!!!!

How does Cheap Charlie looking for free sex think she pays the rent, bills, etc?

I had a long term BG for 8 years. Never paid her a satang when not there, and standard rate when together on my holidays. Worked well for both of us- saved me having to look around every holiday for a new companion, and she trusted me not to try any Cheap Charlie BS.

Eventually she married some rich guy, and good luck to her.

• Like 2

On 10/28/2022 at 8:29 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

There was a time, a long time ago, when a huge part of the working girls were looking for a husband. IMHO that time is over. There are certainly still some girls who hope to get a husband that way. But there are also many who like a lot more the idea of making good money in an hour or two and then back to their life with their Thai friends and often Thai boyfriend. 

Too many guys think that all bar girls are looking for a guy who takes them out of that horrible place. And they think bar girls prefer and old and boring and maybe even relative rich guy compared to what they have. Wrong! At least most of the time. 

LOL. Many of the girls love the lifestyle. They get to party every night, work with their friends, and get paid for doing what they do for free with Thai guys. Sometimes they even get an all paid holiday to a nice beach, and if really lucky a holiday in a western country.

The looking for a husband is probably over, like you say, but when a lot of men got big payouts from selling the house after divorce, the pickings were large when those men came to LOS looking for lurve.

I may be wrong, but I doubt men walk away with much anymore now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Anyone thinks a bar girl doesn't need to be paid needs their head examined. It's her JOB!!!!!!!!!!

How does Cheap Charlie looking for free sex think she pays the rent, bills, etc?

I had a long term BG for 8 years. Never paid her a satang when not there, and standard rate when together on my holidays. Worked well for both of us- saved me having to look around every holiday for a new companion, and she trusted me not to try any Cheap Charlie BS.

Eventually she married some rich guy, and good luck to her.

Relax big guy, of course you pay what you agreed, but she never asked for more, papa sick, bringing all her friends to eat at fine restaurant, and never promissed anything. She was just good all the way. 

It was a rhetoric question, and I guss many newcomers experience simular when about to leave, or when back home. 

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Relax big guy, of course you pay what you agreed, but she never asked for more, papa sick, bringing all her friends to eat at fine restaurant, and never promissed anything. She was just good all the way. 

It was a rhetoric question, and I guss many newcomers experience simular when about to leave, or when back home. 

I had many temporary BG GFs over the years, and none ( bar one ) asked me for more than bus fare when leaving.

I'm certain that most of the guys that had problems did so because they didn't take their time and just rushed into it without checking that the girl wasn't a bad un.

The one exception was a naive girl new to the scene that thought that after one night together I was going to get her a passport and take her to live with me in home country.

23 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You have been advised to go somewhere, rent short time and look around. You probably won't find what you want on the phone.

Up to you if you take the advice you have been given.

The poster is all over the map. He started posting about wanting property in Pattaya, then moved to Chiang Mai and the San Sai district....he even got into money transfer discussions. Then he's back South again, Pattaya and now Koh Samui looking for a place to rent.....I'm pretty sure he's a dreamer.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You keep making incorrect statements as if they are fact, so one wonders if you've ever been anywhere on Phangan other than Rin beach.

You claimed to know Than Sadet, but had to admit never been there.

I rode around 80% of island. Full of young farangs. Not many Thais go there. Mostly 18 to 35yo farangs.

Samui gets a lot of 40 to 80yos.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

The poster is all over the map. He started posting about wanting property in Pattaya, then moved to Chiang Mai and the San Sai district....he even got into money transfer discussions. Then he's back South again, Pattaya and now Koh Samui looking for a place to rent.....I'm pretty sure he's a dreamer.

Nothing wrong with dreaming but you have to take action at some point. Go, see, do. If no like move.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What the <deleted> are you on about? Most if not all receptionists on a tourist island will speak English.

I doubt he called 15 places and found no monthly deals. They nearly all do, some better than others. In person better deal, low season. Over the phone they not think you serious.

Yes they speak English but over the ph talking monthly deals they not take you as real.

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

My school teacher Brit wife got paid a lot more than any bar girl I ever hired.

All women are looking to get paid, I ain't got the looks or personality to bag a free one.

Don't know any other guys that got themselves a free one either.

Yeah I know a guy told me he made the score of the bar she never asked for any money they always had a good time together and I told the guy she’s looking for the big payday not the small change or another day been married a year or two he seems to be spending all his money TIT

• Like 1

On 10/27/2022 at 6:56 PM, parafareno said:

I will be going to fitness, beach, restaurants...but other than that, what is left to do?

I never go to fitness, and don't go much to restaurant, but takes a walk on the beach daily.

I'm never bored on Samui, so much else to do and enjoy, including the party life that presumably is quite different from Pattaya, at least from what I have experienced up there.

On 10/27/2022 at 6:56 PM, parafareno said:

Cant get a proper girlfriend, etc.....

Probably, as well as everywhere in Thailand, depending whom you mingle with and how you behave – there plenty of single females visting the island – if you specific are considering a Thai girlfriend, some level of providing might also be a benefit, if not a must.

And for "etc.....", yes there are also numerous rainbow-options available...????

Edited by khunPer
  • Like 1

On 10/29/2022 at 8:36 AM, parafareno said:

I called few hotels with bungalows.....they do not rent out per month at all. Or the prices are 20000 bht per month, or they are already full. So are the posters here even in koh larn or somewhere in USA typing away their comments?

You don't find the good bargains for longer term rent of bungalows by calling hotels. Your best bet is to book something for the first few night and then find it locally, either by simply asking – it use to work quite well – or rent some kind of transportation and get around the island, and look for "For Rent"-signs.

You can find Okay bungalows fan-only from about 8,000 baht a month and with aircon in the area from 10,000 baht a month, even within walking distance from beach, restaurants and shopping...????

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

My school teacher Brit wife got paid a lot more than any bar girl I ever hired.

All women are looking to get paid, I ain't got the looks or personality to bag a free one.

Don't know any other guys that got themselves a free one either.

She did well given the photo you posted.