Flying to Samui with Bangkok Air

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:
1 hour ago, parafareno said:

sometimes they do sometimes they dont

They always check the weight of the bag .

They always check, the load and the balance of the plane is crucial. Especially if you are flying a prop plane of which BKK has a few often used on the Samui runs. 

23 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

They always check the weight of the bag .

If the plane is too heavy, it wont be able to take off , so they check the weight of peoples bags 

22 hours ago, marin said:

They always check, the load and the balance of the plane is crucial. Especially if you are flying a prop plane of which BKK has a few often used on the Samui runs. 

Clearly not that critical because they never check the weight of the people or their hand luggage. 

The difference between my Wife and I is 47 kgs... yet they check to see if a carry on bag is not over 20 kgs and worry about a 5 kgs difference ?

Edited by richard_smith237

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

They have weighing machines in front of the check in desk , so when you check in they can see how much you weigh 

??? Which Samui airport are you at?

I have live here for more than 20 years. Flown 100's of times. Never been weighed.

Clearly not that critical because they never check the weight of the people or their hand luggage. 

They do check hand luggage sometimes if it looks overweight or over sized.

Edited by Tropicalevo

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

You don't often notice it , there are weighing machines built into the floor and it looks just like a normal floor .

All the peoples weights are added together at the end of the check-ins , that's why fat people are sometimes removed from the flights before take-off

I usually do online check in and do not go to the check in desk.

You must be a conspiracy theorist?

Either that or do not forget your meds tonight.

Travel safely ????

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You don't often notice it , there are weighing machines built into the floor and it looks just like a normal floor .

All the peoples weights are added together at the end of the check-ins , that's why fat people are sometimes removed from the flights before take-off

Having worked in the aviation industry for over 35 years, you comment is total bullsh!t.

Standard weights are use for pax on all/most airlines around the world. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The difference between my Wife and I is 47 kgs... yet they check to see if a carry on bag is not over 20 kgs and worry about a 5 kgs difference ?

They do check carry on mostly but ignore laptops.

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Fat people taken off planes? 5555

One of your best