International driving License (Pattaya area)

banglay

I've already got a full 5yrs Thai driving license Car & bike I want a international driving license (Proof) so I can go touring in neighboring countries .... Better to have  one when getting stopped rather than paying tea/coffee money  at every stop.

' I want a international driving license (Proof) so I can go touring in neighboring countries 

As a member of ASEAN, Thailand has a recipricol arrangement with other ASEAN countries and you can use your Thai licence there, for 90 days as I recall. 

• Thumbs Up 2

21 hours ago, banglay said:

Hi All . Where in the Pattaya area can I get an International driving license for my Thai licenses?.  

There are a lot of websites that will print up a thing called an International driving license the problem is that they are all fakes so you will pay for your International driving license then if stopped for a license check get a fine, as a minimum, because you don’t have a valid license. Don’t get confused by the wording on the DLT website they provide IDPs not IDLs

However a majority of countries don’t require an International Driving Permit if your license has English on it, the Thai licenses do. 

I have driven in local countries and the U.K. with my Thai license without an IDP.7E3F8410-6464-4914-BE97-3522E5F5E3DB.jpeg.4d7f54d743fc45fbc2b4d2d440d9ad98.jpeg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, soisanuk said:

That link is supposed to automatically send you to their new website URL, which is: https://pcec.club/    The link for IDP information is: https://pcec.club/Thailand-IDP 

The problem with that page is that it strongly suggests that you can get an IDP if you hold a 2 year license. That is wrong. You must hold a 5 year license to qualify to get an IDP.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/29/2022 at 7:56 AM, sometimewoodworker said:

The problem with that page is that it strongly suggests that you can get an IDP if you hold a 2 year license. That is wrong. You must hold a 5 year license to qualify to get an IDP.

Based on this message, I contacted the PCEC and they have now updated the page to clearly show a 5 year Thai driving license is required.

• Like 1