LTR - Work-From-Thailand Professionals

On 10/28/2022 at 6:11 PM, BKK4 said:

I did this and was successful. If you meet the requirements it is possible. 

Congratulations to the two of you who've got the visa already.

Out of interest, were you working for private companies or publicly listed? And in the event of them being private, was the scrutiny of the audited accounts queried much?

6 hours ago, mrmagyar said:

Congratulations to the two of you who've got the visa already.

Out of interest, were you working for private companies or publicly listed? And in the event of them being private, was the scrutiny of the audited accounts queried much?

Thanks. Publicly listed in my case, so I just downloaded the annual reports with public auditor signed financial results, no questions asked. Many posts I have seen from applicants working for private companies where either (1) the annual turnover doesn't reach USD150m over the past three years or (2) even if it does they are not able to obtain acceptable audited results as proof. I do think it is being adhered to strictly at this point.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/28/2022 at 8:36 PM, aublumberg said:

Llikewise. Applied 05 Sep, and got the visa sticker into my passport at the Royal Thai Consulate in Hong Kong on 20 Oct. As long as you meet the criteria and have the supporting paper work evidence, it's straightforward.

May I ask how much in HKD you paid for this? 

7 hours ago, aublumberg said:

Patience - their pledge is 20 business days, four weeks.

Would be interesting to know if for the people they reject they are told this immediately when when the BOT notices this or they are also only informed at the end of the about 20 business day period.  I would assume the former, so in that case no news is good news.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/4/2022 at 8:45 PM, aublumberg said:

Thanks. Publicly listed in my case, so I just downloaded the annual reports with public auditor signed financial results, no questions asked. Many posts I have seen from applicants working for private companies where either (1) the annual turnover doesn't reach USD150m over the past three years or (2) even if it does they are not able to obtain acceptable audited results as proof. I do think it is being adhered to strictly at this point.

Thanks for this.

I do wonder how much checking can be done on audited accounts, particularly in jurisdictions where such information isn't public (like the USA).

2 hours ago, anotherexpat4444 said:

I got an email asking me to submit below -

An audited corporate’s annual financial statement or financial report in the last 3 years

How do we find these info ?  ( for current employer and past employer)

For publicly listed companies this would be on their public websites, typically in their annual report under ‘Investor relations’ or similar website section.

For private companies they are generally not published and you may want to check with your HR or Finance colleagues whether they can provide you with copies.

• Thanks 1

I am not in thailand now . but they are asking me info on insurance -

Please provide health insurance policy covering entire course of stay in Thailand, with coverage for hospitalization treatment of no less than 50,000 USD and the remaining period of no less than 10 months OR evidence showing valid social security benefits which insures hospitalization and treatment in Thailand OR financial evidence showing a deposit of no less than 100,000 USD in a bank account which has been held for no less than 12 months at the time of application. Otherwise, you can submit it later.

Is this mandatory?  

4 hours ago, anotherexpat4444 said:

I am not in thailand now . but they are asking me info on insurance -

Please provide health insurance policy covering entire course of stay in Thailand, with coverage for hospitalization treatment of no less than 50,000 USD and the remaining period of no less than 10 months OR evidence showing valid social security benefits which insures hospitalization and treatment in Thailand OR financial evidence showing a deposit of no less than 100,000 USD in a bank account which has been held for no less than 12 months at the time of application. Otherwise, you can submit it later.

Is this mandatory?  

Yes

5 hours ago, anotherexpat4444 said:

I mean is it mandatory  that we get medical insurance as part of the visa application or  we need to have it once we get the visa .

No.  As you will see in the application form you can tick "I will submit later" or something like this, with later meaning prior to the issue of the visa as this is a pre-condition for this.

3 hours ago, anotherexpat4444 said:

Now  the status is changed to Processing .   

Any idea  anyone what is goig on  ?

Presumably a change from Pending to Processing is positive, implying that somebody might actually look at your stuff, especially if a "StaffBoi" with a four digit, not three digit number is shown under StaffName.  But I am guessing

Edited by K2938

23 minutes ago, K2938 said:

Presumably a change from Pending to Processing is positive, implying that somebody might actually look at your stuff, especially if a "StaffBoi" with a four digit, not three digit number is shown under StaffName.  But I am guessing

I see a three digit on StaffBoi   what does this mean in three or four digit .   huhu

4 minutes ago, anotherexpat4444 said:

I see a three digit on StaffBoi   what does this mean in three or four digit .   huhu

I am again guessing, but there seems to be a correlation between the four digit number and the phone number extension of the person at the BOI actually looking at the thing.  For three digits this does not work, so I assume - but do not know! - this is more like another holding pile, but I could be wrong.  Please update us all when you know more.

Edited by K2938
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, anotherexpat4444 said:

How long normally take once this in processing status . 

I understand it varies  but still like to know from someone who already got there LTR .

Have a look at this topic for info about that.

• Thanks 1