Car heater Installation?

HansBlinkers

Yes we are heading into the cool season up here in CM but I can't imagine a scenario where you could possibly need a heater in your car. Not unless you are planning on living at the top of Doi Inthanon.

It would probably be easier to just buy yourself a good quality sweater.

1 hour ago, HansBlinkers said:

I have a Toyota Vios that never came with a heater. I want to get a heater installed. Where can I get that done and how much would that cost?

You would need to source and install a heater core, and a fan to drive air through said core.

Then fit ducting to defrosters and vents.

Then find a 2 places on the engine block or cylinder head to take warm water to the heater core, and return it to the engine.

The model was sold in China so a heater most likely was available.

As a stop gap you might try a 12 volt heater similar to what some campers/truckers use....

I imagine if you start the car & heater & let them both warm up for about 10 minutes you might get a satisfactory result....

While a heater system is not a complex design in theory, if the vehicle isn't pre-wired & pre-plumbed to accept a heater core & duct work, along with controls it can be very involved....

Being from the automotive industry I've seen many like pictured below - and worse...20-30 hours of work....

Frankly, I do not see that level of technicians in TH....

Screenshot_2022-10-28-18-49-45-41_39060a31215a48c7aaf1fb3368fa2e89.jpg

images (14).jpeg

images (13).jpeg

Buy a vehicle with a factory heater. Otherwise forget about it. Propane stove or as another mentioned, get a sweater. Move to the beach? I like the cooler weather and adjust acclimate to the conditions and usually don’t start complaining until it gets above 40c

Check with Toyota, I spoke with them recently when I has a service as I considered taking my Camry back to Europe as we are considering returning and asked them about a heater. They said that our aircon system has hot and cold facility and that there is a valve in the engine bay to switch from cold system to heat system. Not sure if your car has this facility but worth asking as retrofitting would be difficult.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BangkokAlan said:

Check with Toyota, I spoke with them recently when I has a service as I considered taking my Camry back to Europe as we are considering returning and asked them about a heater. They said that our aircon system has hot and cold facility and that there is a valve in the engine bay to switch from cold system to heat system. Not sure if your car has this facility but worth asking as retrofitting would be difficult.

I’ve noticed a lot of vehicles here don’t have dash vents for the windows 

The OP can buy a car heater that plugs into the cigarette lighter socket.

In Thailand, there is usually enough heat coming through from the engine bay if the windows are closed.

Or just buy a jacket, like the people on scooters do.