Russian Tourists Flocking To Koh Samui

webfact

but samui in december is still rainy season, even well into january. There is no point going there, unless for cheap hotels.

Also getting to samui is expensive. There use to be seasonal russian charter flights to phuket and utapao, but I don't think I have heard about those to samui.

I think this article is just part of TAT advertising campaign 

30 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

Generalisations are never good , a lot of those russians may not be friends of Putin .

Putin is a dictator , many in Russia want a regime change .

Not all Russians and Ukrainians hate each other. Many have friends and families in each other's countries. Many Russians disagree with the war.

Mobilisation refugees likely just want to lay low, avoid trouble and stay here as long as possible.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Why Me said:

I wonder what happens when Russian and Ukrainians find themselves side by side on beach chairs or in a bar. Fisticuffs or "Brother, what happens in Europe stays in Europe. The next round is on me."

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Doesn't that depend on what picture you want to be given? After all you have free internet access to get all perspectives in both western and Russian eng language speaking media, unlike Russia where its restricted.

and you apparently think google etc doesn't "restrict" information, depending on what or who it's about. LOL.

The internet does not tell us everything. Many times I try to find stuff and not to be found.

I find it interesting that you think I care enough about it to spend hours looking for "both" sides of the picture. Hardly.

This forum is about the extent of my news source, and I rarely look on a link.

However, I recently became able to access Al Jazira, the only mainstream news source I trust. Only problem is that weather interferes with the signal and if it rains unable to see it. I'm hoping for a dry day during US midterm elections

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and you apparently think google etc doesn't "restrict" information, depending on what or who it's about. LOL.

The internet does not tell us everything. Many times I try to find stuff and not to be found.

I find it interesting that you think I care enough about it to spend hours looking for "both" sides of the picture. Hardly.

However, I recently became able to access Al Jazira, the only mainstream news source I trust. Only problem is that weather interferes with the signal and if it rains unable to see it. I'm hoping for a dry day during US midterm elections

"and you apparently think google etc doesn't "restrict" information, depending on what or who it's about. LOL."

Since when has Google been the only option available? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I've noticed a spike of Russians in Jomtien recently. Nothing like the old days, but noticeable. The majority looked like young and middle aged men alone or in groups that I took to probably be mobilization refugees. In other words I didn't get a holiday vibe but more of a freaked out vibe. But also some families that may also be refugees. 

I spoke with a mate here in Pattaya yesterday he's an estate agent . he's inundated with Russians can't keep up with appointments ..even asked if I'm looking to sell..

well if there are that many well mannered smiling Russians moving in ..I just might  

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

"and you apparently think google etc doesn't "restrict" information, depending on what or who it's about. LOL."

Since when has Google been the only option available? 

It's the only one I use.

Again, I don't care so much that I'd spend the time to look at "both sides" of the situation.

It's not my fight.

2 minutes ago, blazes said:

My 11 year-old granddaughter recently told me, when I held a door open for her, that the gesture was "sexist". 

Welcome to Western feminism....

You now have the opportunity to give her a lesson that she can learn from, by treating her like a boy, which I doubt she will like.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's the only one I use.

Again, I don't care so much that I'd spend the time to look at "both sides" of the situation.

It's not my fight.

Yea but you said: "Could it possibly be because we are not being given the full picture about Russia?"

Perhaps that should have read you, not "we" as there are plenty of sources out there to get all perspectives for those that wish to.

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Slightly off topic, but you can get Al Jazeera on its mobile app. Been a fan for a while now. But of course heavy anti Israel bias, and heavily into post colonial criticisms. But so what? Refreshing! Good reception too in Pattaya on TMNT. Get Bloomberg, BBC news, Fux, AJ in English and Arabic, France 24 in English and French, DW in English and German, ABC Aussie news, Euro News, even Chinese CGTN in English, RAI, TVN, BVB, CGTN Russian, PTP (Russian), CNA, NHK etc etc. 

• Love It 1

5 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

No news is best. Why follow 90% negative news? Switching off the tv or not following the doom and gloom nonsense on an ap is the best way to live.

I dont know any happy person who watches the "news" daily.

Well said Sir!!!!!!????????

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Why Me said:

I wonder what happens when Russian and Ukrainians find themselves side by side on beach chairs or in a bar. Fisticuffs or "Brother, what happens in Europe stays in Europe. The next round is on me."

I would anticipate the commonality will be avoiding the war.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

THE outlook of Koh Samui this high season is bright with a large number of European tourists escaping the winter there to enjoy the sunshine here and amid this is the noteworthy return of Russian holidaymakers, Naewna newspaper said Sunday evening (Oct. 30).

Young and middle aged Russians trying to avoid the draft back home..

• Thumbs Up 1