Russian Tourists Flocking To Koh Samui

webfact

21 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Generalisations are never good , a lot of those russians may not be friends of Putin .

Putin is a dictator , many in Russia want a regime change .

I ended up chatting to a young Russian and his GF about a month ago on a beach nr Sarasin bridge.

He said Johnson and Truss Crazy, Putin good and Ukraine used to be Russian anyway.

I quickly realised trying to have a sensible conversation would be a waste of time with this guy.

Apparently, many Russian believe what Putin is doing is right (presumable, so long as they don't have to fight)

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Why Me said:

And he's hugely popular in Russia itself. As is the war to save their brethren in Eastern Ukraine. Which doesn't fit the western narrative at all. 

As was Adolf Hitler in Germany. "At last, a man who says what we all feel".

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, edogthong said:

RT English was not only restricted, it was completely removed from YT and doesn't exist anymore. Even though it had a Russian bias, it was the most objective major news channel and it's now gone forever. And the Russians are the only ones who get their information restricted according to you... Sometimes it's hard to see the censorship because you're in the middle of it.

I used to occasionally watch RT English, it showed stuff happening in Europe that wasn't in the mainstream news, however, it was only shown in order to be a "negative" slant to the west.

Interestingly, in my recent one month's travels around Thailand, RT was blocked on all hotel channels - Except the Waldorf Hotel in Bangkok.  That did surprise me.  Having said that, breakfast was certainly aimed at the Chinese.

4 minutes ago, sharksy said:

I used to occasionally watch RT English, it showed stuff happening in Europe that wasn't in the mainstream news, however, it was only shown in order to be a "negative" slant to the west.

Interestingly, in my recent one month's travels around Thailand, RT was blocked on all hotel channels - Except the Waldorf Hotel in Bangkok.  That did surprise me.  Having said that, breakfast was certainly aimed at the Chinese.

Block Fox News. If you think RT is biased, oh boy!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, khunPer said:

Seems like the Russians are not aware of that the tourists season on Samui ends today, from tomorrow it's monsoon season until just before Xmas (Western Xmas)...:whistling:

But then it is not like the weather did stick to the calendar this year given how much rain we had in the dry and "normal" season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, huberthammer said:

But then it is not like the weather did stick to the calendar this year given how much rain we had in the dry and "normal" season.

Apart from the calendar, the weather furthermore sticks to El Nino and La Nina. The latter this year, which means more rain – some says 5 percent more downpour – it has been quite some, especially in the first half of 2022.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2022 at 3:26 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

They never caused a problem in Pattaya that I was aware of ( unlike those from a hotter region ), and their totty is generally of a high standard.

Except that when they go to an "all you can eat" buffet restaurant, they make huge piles of food on their plate that there's no food left for anybody else! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1