How many times can I get non o immigrant visa in a year?

As a father of my thai son I can get dependent non o , but its single entry visa for 90 days.but I have to go out of Thailand sometimes. Im curious,  can I get that visa for example … 6 times a year without problem? 

Edited by asia123

Some embassies and consulate will issue a multiple entry tourist visa for being the parent of Thai.

Penang was doing them before covid 19 if you could show about 200k baht or its equivalent in a bank. Their website has no info about the requirements for a visa at this time. You could contact them about getting one. Phone: (604) 226-8029, 226-9484, 228-6784 Email: [email protected]

You can extend each 90 day entry for 60 days at immigration to visit your son. Doing it that way would make easier to get the single entry non-o visa and you would only need 3 of them for total stay of more than one year,

• Thanks 2

As i am over 50 years old, i use single entry non-immigrant O visa valid for 90 days. In my case, i don't qualify for extension. The lady at the embassy told me i can get as many visas as i want in a year (contrary to the Tourist visa for which you need not to have spend more than 90 days in Thailand in the last 6 months).

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Big FranK said:

As i am over 50 years old, i use single entry non-immigrant O visa valid for 90 days. In my case, i don't qualify for extension.

Why wouldn't you qualify for extension? 

The other part of your post re maximum tourist visas ..."not more that 90 days in last 6 months " is incorrect 

Edited by DrJack54

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Why wouldn't you qualify for extension? 

I think he was pointing out that he did not qualify for a 60-day extension, and could not meet the requirements for a one-year retirement extension. That seems believable.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

The other part of your post re maximum tourist visas ..."not more that 90 days in last 6 months " is incorrect 

That kind of condition is in the ballpark of the limitations imposed at Thai embassies/consulates in some neighbouring countries. Obviously, some consulates still impose more relaxed limits. Basically, any information of this nature needs to be qualified by the specific embassy or consulate where the limit is enforced.

On 10/31/2022 at 1:47 PM, DrJack54 said:

Not interested in obtaining a 12 month extension to the non O along with a multiple entry reentry permit? 

Really interested in 12month extension... but is this possible for me? I only have birth certificate(my name on it), not married with Thai wife or don't have custody as a father.

23 minutes ago, BritTim said:

That kind of condition is in the ballpark of the limitations imposed at Thai embassies/consulates in some neighbouring countries

Not getting into details.

Yes Phnom Penh is good example of imposing a limit of tv (pre covid seemed common was 2).

I was not implying tv from one consulate/embassy ongoing would be possible. 

27 minutes ago, BritTim said:

.....and could not meet the requirements for a one-year retirement extension. That seems believable.

He is over 50. 

If cannot satisfy financials he can use an agent. 

If that's not possible financially then "hit the road Jack" 

33 minutes ago, asia123 said:

Really interested in 12month extension... but is this possible for me? I only have birth certificate(my name on it), not married with Thai wife or don't have custody as a father.

If your name on birth certificate you do not require custody.

You can obtain 12 month extension to visit Thai child.

Obviously first step is to obtain non O based on parent of Thai. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, asia123 said:

How old is the child? What is your relationship like with the child's mother. In some cases, it is very easy to be legalised as the father of the child via a simple visit to the amphoe office.

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If your name on birth certificate you do not require custody.

You can obtain 12 month extension to Thai child.

I believe being legalised as the father is a prerequisite for the one-year extension though, at some offices, maybe not for a 60-day extension. Even when legalised as the father, offices tend to want to hear what the mother says about a one-year extension.