My beautiful beloved cat

gingerandtabby

My cat has a literal hole in her skin, not her fur. She is at a vets now. He says it was caused by a car or something.  In the near past he gave her injections of prenesone for auto immune dx. I think it was the medicne that caused a skin breakdown. Any suggestions? Recommendations for the best vetrinarian in town.??

I am so desperate. HELP.

• Like 1

Best vet we've found is Hang Dong Animal Hospital.....Open 24/7 with clean and modern facilities....No appointments needed.....We have multiple cats & have used many vets....

We have one cat that also had a hole in the skin 1baht sized....Dr said it was a cat bite that our cat licked & chewed at to try to heal....

The Dr cut away the discolored skin at the perimeter then cleaned, put medicine in, then gauze & surgical tape....We change the dressing daily as it has to heal from the inside out - which could take up to a month....Of course he's wearing the cone of shame to keep him from biting/licking....+ Meds....

We had a flu come through our bunch that's 80% fatal....They pulled all of ours through....We have 11....None are outside roaming cats....

IMG_20221031_150045.jpg

IMG_20221031_145902.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn't let our cats roam.... There's some ugly diseases out there....A flu passed through a few months back....When riding my bike I'll count cats & I counted up to 17....After the flu I've never seen 5....