Thai Civilized Party leader urging Constitutional Court to consider foreign land ownership

snoop1130

On 10/31/2022 at 6:16 PM, snoop1130 said:

he – as a Thai citizen who loves and cherishes the land, did not agree with the cabinet consideration as Thai ancestors had sacrificed their blood and flesh to protect this land with their lives.

That a Thai politician can, without hesitation or fear, publicly say something like this tells us all we need to know….

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/31/2022 at 6:16 PM, snoop1130 said:

Thai ancestors had sacrificed their blood and flesh to protect this land with their lives.

Thailand is actually a mash of ethnicities. Not as drastic is Myanmar but all sorts of peoples bleeding over the border. Cambodia is fairly ethnically pure.

The Thai nation is barely older than the the first claims to European N America - and Chakri dynasty a few hundred as well.

Need to get over themselves.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/31/2022 at 10:33 PM, BangkokReady said:

Yup.  Quite unpleasant when the Thai Supremacists show themselves with their "rules for thee but not for me".

Disappointing.

I can understand not wanting land sold off to investors, but at least give the "our ancestors gave their blood" spiel a rest if you have a holiday home in Europe.

In what wars did the Thai ancestors sacrifice their blood? I think mostly in internecine wars against other Asians, and mostly other Thais if not mistaken.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Kwaibill said:

In what wars did the Thai ancestors sacrifice their blood? I think mostly in internecine wars against other Asians, and mostly other Thais if not mistaken.

Yeah, I'm not history expert, but it's mostly been back and forth between Burma and Cambodia for Thais.

No doubt they would all still be here if either of the other two had won.

• Thumbs Up 1

Gotta love their incentives! Invest a million dollars into the local economy and we'll let you own a small piece of land (pending review every 5 years) It reminds me of the volunteer work allowance on the OX visa. Invest millions into the local economy and we'll let you work for free in a local charity. 

These people are just the worst. Their incentives are an insult to begin with and now they might not even offer that insult because they're worried that they're being too generous. You couldn't make this stuff up!