Buy a new toilet and get it installed. Which shop?

prb

Hi,

I'm in Pattaya and need to change the toilet in my condo bahtroom.
Among all the possible DIY shops (Homepro, T. Watsadu, BNB etc...) which one would include the installation of a new toilet if i buy it from them?

Around how much would that cost?
Obviously they would have to unseal and remove the old one first.

Thanks 

Depends on a few factors, first, was it properly bolted onto the floor, or creted into the floor.  Bolted in, then it's a simple swap, with a ring, and an easy DIY.

The latter, and I'd hire someone, though toilets usually don't come with installation.  Not that I've ever asked, but would think most vendors have someone they'd recommend.

Might ask the maintenance staff at condo, if anyone wants a side job, if seen & happy with their work.

Good Luck

• Like 2

HomePro webpage shows 950 baht for toilet bowl installation. I don't believe Thai Watsadu provides installation services, my local store doesn't. Tried to buy exterior entrance doors and they wouldn't install or recommend an installer. No experience with BNB. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

I would hope so at that price.  Normal HomePro price in Bangkok is 950 baht.

I guess that included all the parts, which the contractor didn't bother to install, normally these would be part of the product when you buy a new one. 2 pieces or rubber seals, a plastic ring and some plastic cubes with screws that the seat screwed into. So yes, maybe a bit more expensive than others, but it was Cotto installing a Cotto toilet...

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Whatever you do, if you want that it is an easy job then make sure you buy a toilet which can use the existing holes or bolts. 

Some toilets, especially the skirted toilets, are more difficult to install.

Thanks... well i double checked the old leaking toilet and noticed that there are no screw.

It seems that they just put concrete and leave it there, not even sure there is a rubber / wax ring.

Here is a pic

Capture.JPG.5f104cf8938d241896c34995f6943c91.JPG

Start to think it is going to get quite complicated if the old concrete has to be removed first and holes to be drilled. A shop contractor might not be ok to do that.

Any idea? Should i start to look for a plumber?

• Like 1

That is a normal install and should not be hard for plumber to remove old unit if required and re-cement it or replacement unit.  It is just white cement on top of normal floor tile or cement and is not hard to remove for those that do it.  It is part of the normal remove/replace fee from HomePro.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

That is a normal install and should not be hard for plumber to remove old unit if required and re-cement it or replacement unit.  It is just white cement on top of normal floor tile or cement and is not hard to remove for those that do it.  It is part of the normal remove/replace fee from HomePro.

Thanks, would have think that not using screw was a mistake from the previous builders.

We bought from HomePro last month, their installer stormed off and would not fit it as not easy, got a refund on the 950 baht. Got a Cambodian worker to do it for a lot less and no shouting! American standard, apparently not as good as some of the other brands.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, prb said:

Thanks, would have think that not using screw was a mistake from the previous builders.

It seems that is common procedure.

The toilet in my current rented apartment moved a little by itself. I checked and there are no screws to keep it in place. I spoke to the building technicians: Mai pen lai...

• Like 1