Thai Democrats threaten to scrap Cannabis and Hemp Bill

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

A touch of sarcasm, I live in Pattaya so I am well aware of how many outlets there are, laws are made  in Thailand but never enforced.

Bearing in mind there could be a few out of pocket if the law is reversed.

Ah. A provocateur...

How droll.   ????

• Thumbs Up 1

Do countries like Malaysia and Vietnam have a record of turnaround after turnaround on policies.....?

I doubt it- which is why these 2 will eclipse Thailand soon enough...Banana Republic hapless goons leadership going in circles. Should be an IQ test to get into any leadership position office....though they would cheat on the test wouldn't they...

On 11/3/2022 at 9:39 AM, klauskunkel said:

the Democrats also stated that they would reimburse from their coffers all the cannabis shops and related businesses that would have to close down. 

...and all the people who were jailed for cannabis offences and were then released when it was legalised would be hunted down and thrown back in jail?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

Do countries like Malaysia and Vietnam have a record of turnaround after turnaround on policies.....?

I doubt it- which is why these 2 will eclipse Thailand soon enough...Banana Republic hapless goons leadership going in circles. Should be an IQ test to get into any leadership position office....though they would cheat on the test wouldn't they...

I have just come back from a trip to Vietnam, never seen so many motor bikes/scooters,  99,9% were wearing helmets, why because the Police enforce the laws there.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

A touch of sarcasm, I live in Pattaya so I am well aware of how many outlets there are, ws are made  in Thailand but never enforced.

Bearing in mind there could be a few out of pocket if the law is reversed.

laws are made  in Thailand but never enforced.

But there are no laws being broken, providing the shops are registered.

At a press conference, Anutin was explaining that the 0.2% rule was for cannabis extracts.

One of the press pointed out that the flower was not an extract of the plant but rather a part of the plant and therefore should not be under the 0.2% rule and Anutin agreed.

After that the Genie was out of the bottle.

Wiki covers the extract issue far more eloquently than I could:

Cannabis extracts and cannabis products (including edibles, food supplements, cosmetics, etc.) containing THC more than 0.2% by weight are still categorized as narcotics. Import and export of cannabis are still highly regulated. Recreational use of cannabis products is discouraged but legal. There is no restriction on THC content for cannabis plant parts. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_in_Thailand

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Chainsaw said:

...and all the people who were jailed for cannabis offences and were then released when it was legalised would be hunted down and thrown back in jail?

No.

If this bill does not pass a second and third reading then the status quo will remain as is. Cannabis will not revert to the Narcotics list, and the current free-for-all will continue.

The monkeys in the National Assembly are throwing their feces, and there is a lot of of buffalo trading going on.

The bill might be shelved if BJT can't whip the votes.

Some are looking for a medical-only compromise, which would be a huge defeat for Anutin and the BJT.

Might not be a bad idea to "stock up"?

2 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

laws are made  in Thailand but never enforced.

But there are no laws being broken, providing the shops are registered.

At a press conference, Anutin was explaining that the 0.2% rule was for cannabis extracts.

One of the press pointed out that the flower was not an extract of the plant but rather a part of the plant and therefore should not be under the 0.2% rule and Anutin agreed.

After that the Genie was out of the bottle.

Wiki covers the extract issue far more eloquently than I could:

Cannabis extracts and cannabis products (including edibles, food supplements, cosmetics, etc.) containing THC more than 0.2% by weight are still categorized as narcotics. Import and export of cannabis are still highly regulated. Recreational use of cannabis products is discouraged but legal. There is no restriction on THC content for cannabis plant parts. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_in_Thailand

I asked before and got answers both ways - where do you think that sits hashish then - Is it strictly legal, or strictly illegal ?

Shops sell it openly.

2 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

I asked before and got answers both ways - where do you think that sits hashish then - Is it strictly legal, or strictly illegal ?

Shops sell it openly.

Hashish seems to be a bit of a grey area, as it is technically an extract.

I think we all understand that under the laws as they currently stand, hashish is illegal but tolerated.

There again, one reason that it's tolerated could be because no one really understands the law about the Ganj, even those writing them.

4 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

No.

If this bill does not pass a second and third reading then the status quo will remain as is. Cannabis will not revert to the Narcotics list, and the current free-for-all will continue.

The monkeys in the National Assembly are throwing their feces, and there is a lot of of buffalo trading going on.

The bill might be shelved if BJT can't whip the votes.

Some are looking for a medical-only compromise, which would be a huge defeat for Anutin and the BJT.

Might not be a bad idea to "stock up"?

I feel a sickness coming on... maybe.  ????