North Korea getting out of hand .

Social Media

53 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The USA/ SK war games , where they practice invading North Korea is viewed as provocation by NK and they respond by firing missiles as a warning .

If the USA would stop practicing invading NK , NK would stop firing their missiles .

That is the plot , its you who doesn't understand the plot

You got some evidence that the war games are "where they practice invading North Korea" rather than defending from a North Korean attack. Is South Korea in the habit of making threats against the North?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

You got some evidence that the war games are "where they practice invading North Korea" rather than defending from a North Korean attack. Is South Korea in the habit of making threats against the North?

That is how Kim views the war games and his concern is that the war games will become an invasion 

11 minutes ago, placeholder said:

So you think the United States should continue to show the same weakness towards North Korea that Trump did? Remember when he agreed with the North that US-South Korean joint exercises were provocative and he called them off?

IMO appeasement would be the best policy , get some dialogue going and both sides stopping the hostilities

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

IMO appeasement would be the best policy , get some dialogue going and both sides stopping the hostilities

At the end of Trump's term, Kim was roundly abusing him and his administration. What evidence do you have that Kim is someone willing to genuinely negotiate?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

At the end of Trump's term, Kim was roundly abusing him and his administration. What evidence do you have that Kim is someone willing to genuinely negotiate?

That was after the talks failed .

Needed more talks to come to some agreement .

The USA offered terms that Kim thought were unacceptable 

Need to get back to the negotiating table 

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That was after the talks failed .

Needed more talks to come to some agreement .

The USA offered terms that Kim thought were unacceptable 

Need to get back to the negotiating table 

What evidence is there that KIm has ever negotiated seriously? It's weird how people who condemn the Chinese leadership for its bellicosity, have their hearts melt when it comes to Kim. 

• Like 1

What evidence is there that KIm has ever negotiated seriously? It's weird how people who condemn the Chinese leadership for its bellicosity, have their hearts melt when it comes to Kim. 

Kim held talks with Trump and they both took those talks seriously .

Now don't suggest that my "heart melts " for Kim , I would prefer it if he was taken out in a missile attack , the World would be a better place if his dynasty didn't exist anymore .

But, as that wouldn't be allowed , dialogue is the next best option

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

Kim held talks with Trump and they both took those talks seriously .

Now don't suggest that my "heart melts " for Kim , I would prefer it if he was taken out in a missile attack , the World would be a better place if his dynasty didn't exist anymore .

But, as that wouldn't be allowed , dialogue is the next best option

What do you mean by "they both took those talks seriously"? Where's your evidence that Kim showed any willingness to give up his nuclear arsenal?

• Like 2

What do you mean by "they both took those talks seriously"? Where's your evidence that Kim showed any willingness to give up his nuclear arsenal?

You keep asking for evidence .

What do you expect me to do ?

Can you show any evidence that Kim didn't take the talks seriously ?

Those are things neither of us can provide evidence for 

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Of course evidence can be shown. He demanded big concessions  be granted before there was any talk of him giving up nuclear weapons.  He never backed away from that. An obvious nonstarter.

• Like 1

NK wanted the USA to remove its troops and nuclear threat away from the Korean peninsula before giving up its weapons . 

A reasonable request .

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

NK wanted the USA to remove its troops and nuclear threat away from the Korean peninsula before giving up its weapons . 

A reasonable request .

First off, you asked for an example. I give you one and now you're claiming that it was reasonable. What is there about the aggressive conduct of North Korea against the South that strikes you as reasonable. Keep in mind that it was the North that originally attacked the South. That it has engaged in actual hostile and murderous activities against the South since then. Infatuated much?

• Like 1

Infatuated much?

Ridiculous .

I have just posted that IMO Kim should be assassinated and all his dynasty removed by missile

And you keep making the accusation that I adore him .

I also don't see how talks can continue  when you keep making such ridiculous suggestions which are contrary to my opinion of him 

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Ridiculous .

I have just posted that IMO Kim should be assassinated and all his dynasty removed by missile

And you keep making the accusation that I adore him .

I also don't see how talks can continue  when you keep making such ridiculous suggestions which are contrary to my opinion of him 

Well, it's certainly bizarre that you want to assassinate someone who's been so reasonable and sincere, according to you, in negotiations. I wonder what fate you would wish on someone who was not sincere and reasonble in their desire to negotiate. You don't leave much room for gradation, do you?

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Well, it's certainly bizarre that you want to assassinate someone who's been so reasonable and sincere, according to you, in negotiations. I wonder what fate you would wish on someone who was not sincere and reasonble in their desire to negotiate. You don't leave much room for gradation, do you?

Your lack of understanding is at fault .

Edited by Mac Mickmanus

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You made a claim (they both took these talks seriously),  Place holder asked you to provide evidence for your claim.  You couldn't or wouldn't and then somehow expect him to prove your claim untrue.  This is hardly the first time.  Please stop it.

Edited by Slip
tricky little prepositions
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Slip said:

You made a claim (they both took these talks seriously),  Place holder asked you to provide evidence of your claim.  You couldn't or wouldn't and then somehow expect him to prove your claim untrue.  This is hardly the first time.  Please stop it.

How would you expect me to prove certain people took the talks seriously ?

That cannot be proven either way .

• Haha 1

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

How would you expect me to prove certain people took the talks seriously ?

That cannot be proven either way .

Then don't claim it.  Let's try to keep on topic, and my apologies to all if I've dragged it off.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Slip said:

Then don't claim it.  Let's try to keep on topic, and my apologies to all if I've dragged it off.

It is on topic and how about you stop telling me I can and cannot say ?

IMO Both Kim and Trump took the talks seriously , but that is something that cannot be proven , unless both of them are asked directedly . 

I can indeed claim that

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

IMO Both Kim and Trump took the talks seriously , but that is something that cannot be proven , unless both of them are asked directedly . 

I can indeed claim that

You got there in the end. Well done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Because I have knowledge from viewing events , BUT , I cannot prove what people were thinking at the time .

Things like that cannot be proven, pointless asking really 

Then why post something as an apparent fact when it is only, as you now state, just your opinion dressed as a fact?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I can indeed claim that

Because you can trust him to tell the truth?

2 minutes ago, DezLez said:

Then why post something as an apparent fact when it is only, as you now state, just your opinion dressed as a fact?

Its quite clearly a fact , unless you think that Trump and Kim met just for a photo opportunity and to play Elton John songs together and get some romance going .

Its quite clear that both sides took the talks seriously