Halloween horror! Ladyboy electrocuted after night out - police investigating in Chiang Mai

webfact

dFQROr7oWzulq5Fa5yPLYw3SldWicpUCZ5SCcoa3ERu4A9I0sMsqEtmPoLGUo8vwQqR.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath joined other Thai media in reporting an incident that occurred on the night of Halloween in Chiang Mai.

At about 1 am on November 1st in a privately owned car park near an entertainment venue in Chang Pheuak a group of ladyboys and their friends were preparing to go home.

One ladyboy with long black hair dressed in black was squatting when he toppled over backwards into a fence.

He was electrocuted. It was caught on CCTV.

Friends tried to pull him off but could not due to the current. One succeeded by putting a plastic bag on their hands.

Dtbezn3nNUxytg04aobCy220TPJPC65eYuK7zTdDtw0j32.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Twenty six year old Wichanan was unconscious but a pulse was returned after CPR.

He was taken to Maharat hospital but later died. 

News about the incident was surpressed but emerged on social media sparking a police investigation.

The owner of the pub said the car park is not their responsibility.

The car park's owner said it was connected to lighting and there had never been a problem before.

Chang Pheuak police said that if the law was broken there would be a criminal prosecution for negligence. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-11-03

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

3 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

Why does this forum have to constantly misgender trans people in your news reports about them? 

And this is the to the forum mods. 

Asean Now did not write the news report, rather copy paste from Thai Rath.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

I don't see the relevance of them being a ladyboy.

News is for entertainment and they probably think that it makes it more interesting to describe them in detail.

Why say where it was or when it happened?  Why say the car park was private?

Why not just say that someone was electrocuted somewhere in Thailand recently?

Actually, why report it at all?  For people who might go to the car park and be in the vicinity of the fence?  It doesn't even specify which venue it was.

The whole piece is irrelevant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, n00dle said:

ah, there you are. Was afraid you might be detained at the local MENSA gathering

I don't mind!

Actually it was shocking so I left without feeling any spark of intellect!

Edited by DezLez

3 minutes ago, n00dle said:

And let me guess, some of your best friends are black.

Actually no. Anything else you wish to try in an attempt at disparaging me? The ladyboys I know are customers of my wife's business. There aren't too many black people in this country and to my knowledge none of her customers are black. If she did have black customers and I came in contact them I would form an opinion on them.

Unlike yourself who attempts to have an opinion on someone you've never met.

• Like 1