Overstay 1-3 days

Hi there fellow members.

1. Would a short 1-3-day overstay be a problem? Or is it better not take the risk?

2. Would it be possible to get an emergency 7-day stamp at the local immigration? 

Extension expires on the 11th but I would have a very important thing to do on the 11th and 12th. 

3. After leaving Thailand, I intend to come back within a few days using the tourist Visa option. Would this be a problem when returning?

Constructive replies are greatly appreciated.

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

1. A short overstay is not normally a problem.

2. You could apply for a extension and when it is denied they would give you 7 days to leave the country after paying the 1900 baht fee.

3. Probably not.

Can't apply for my usual extension due to changes in circumstances.

I just thought that sometimes local immi grants a 7-day stamp 

1 minute ago, garrya said:

Can't apply for my usual extension due to changes in circumstances.

I just thought that sometimes local immi grants a 7-day stamp 

They do but still charge the 1900 baht fee. The application has to accepted and the fee paid before they do the 7 days.

31 minutes ago, garrya said:

After leaving Thailand, I intend to come back within a few days using the tourist Visa option. Would this be a problem when returning?

Why not border bounce now.

Can be done in one day (depending on where you are located)

Reenter with 45 day visa exempt stamp.

Take care of your business on the 11-12th.

If you wish to exit and reenter again after that, just buy a reentry permit to protect your permission of stay. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

Usually overstay isn't a problem... unless it is. Like you take a taxi and he bumps another car, police asks for your passport...

So paying fine on leaving without much or any consequences only works if you make it safely to the immigration at the airport. If you get caught anywhere else, it won't be the same.

That said - I've only been asked to see passport and checked visa once in 25 years+. At the back of motorbike, very near Makkasan Airport Link station.

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Why not border bounce now.

Can be done in one day (depending on where you are located)

Reenter with 45 day visa exempt stamp.

Take care of your business on the 11-12th.

If you wish to exit and reenter again after that, just buy a reentry permit to protect your permission of stay. 

Extension expires on the 11th

2 hours ago, Sandboxer said:

I would not recommend risking any negative history showing up on an immi officer's screen upon entry. Just not worth any sort of risk when a lousy 1900 bt can keep you squeaky clean.

Sure.

20 minutes ago, garrya said:

Extension expires on the 11th

Today is the 3rd - Like Dr Jack said, you still have time for a quick border bounce - I too would recommend this option - You could exit Thailand & re enter same day on a 45 day Visa Exempt entry.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

You could exit Thailand & re enter same day on a 45 day Visa Exempt entry.

Seems obvious to me, but I'm assuming that he wants to return to thailand after what he needs to do on 12th etc.

If no intention of being in Thailand after the 12th, then he could just exit with very short overstay.

Edit: just read op again. His plan is to reenter Thailand.

Obvious what to do. 

Edited by DrJack54

19 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Today is the 3rd - Like Dr Jack said, you still have time for a quick border bounce - I too would recommend this option - You could exit Thailand & re enter same day on a 45 day Visa Exempt entry.

So I assume I have to ignore my extension as it gets invalid after exiting, and come back with visa exempt tourist option that gives me 45 days. That sounds like the best possible way. 

Can this 45-day visa exempt be extended by another 30 days?

2 minutes ago, garrya said:

So I assume I have to ignore my extension as it gets invalid after exiting, and come back with visa exempt tourist option that gives me 45 days. That sounds like the best possible way. 

Can this 45-day visa exempt be extended by another 30 days?

Of course

Just now, garrya said:

That's great then. 75 days should be enough to clear things up. 

Best option for sure - If you tell us where you are based, you would probably receive further advice on where its best for you to do a border bounce.

Just now, RedArmy said:

Best option for sure - If you tell us where you are based, you would probably receive further advice on where its best for you to do a border bounce.

I'm near to the Sadao border. Malaysia is a mere 50 km away. 

1 minute ago, garrya said:

I'm near to the Sadao border. Malaysia is a mere 50 km away. 

I would recommend a border bounce at Wang Prachan border post - I did this about 5 weeks ago - Exit Thailand, enter Malaysia, exit Malaysia, enter Thailand - This whole process took about 1 hour.

5 minutes ago, garrya said:

By the way. Is it possible to convert the tourist Visa to a Non-B extension at the local immigration if all criteria are met?

You first need to apply for a non-b visa at immigration.

The during the last 30 days of the 90 day stay allowed you could apply for a one year extension.

2 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

I would recommend a border bounce at Wang Prachan border post - I did this about 5 weeks ago - Exit Thailand, enter Malaysia, exit Malaysia, enter Thailand - This whole process took about 1 hour.

Cool. I may spend a night or two abroad. Bit of a holiday.

6 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Usually overstay isn't a problem... unless it is. Like you take a taxi and he bumps another car, police asks for your passport...

So paying fine on leaving without much or any consequences only works if you make it safely to the immigration at the airport. If you get caught anywhere else, it won't be the same.

That said - I've only been asked to see passport and checked visa once in 25 years+. At the back of motorbike, very near Makkasan Airport Link station.

As far as I'm aware, only police above a certain rank can ask to see your passport, not sure which rank though.

17 hours ago, RedArmy said:

If I may intrude! Can you advise best land border crossing when I am visiting Surin Province?

My experience last year near the Cheong Chom border was not a happy one. 

The word EXTORTION comes to mind!