Pattaya Prices

JimTripper

16 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Pattaya is the cheapest beach city in Thailand. If you think Pattaya is expensive try Bangladesh.

There seems to be a segment from the UK and Europe that must live in flophouse situations back home, though I don't know how cheap those run and normally people on that low end would not be able to fly to a foreign country and get situated.

Maybe some of it is just people getting older and complaining just to complain or vent.

When you get a bit older and start facing physical ailments I can see how it would be easy to just start complaining about anything, not necessarily what's specifically bothering you.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Whilst I agree with all that, things have changed over the last 15 years.

There are far more 'Farang friendly' outlets and a big increase in local Farang distribution. When I stay in Buriram province I can get supplies of everything that I can get in Pattaya

When I lived in Bangkok my mate who lives in Buriram but works in Bangkok used to bring us a monthly supply from the Buriram Pie man...  http://www.burirampieman.com/ better than TInnies (Jomtien) IMHO. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mike Teavee said:

When I lived in Bangkok my mate who lives in Buriram but works in Bangkok used to bring us a monthly supply from the Buriram Pie man...  http://www.burirampieman.com/ better than TInnies (Jomtien) IMHO. 

That is some statement ????, for me, I am not sure anything can beat Tinnies.

I like the deep filled Buriram pies over the usual 'Pattaya pies' but their highlight was their steak and kidney puddings....suet pastry is not easy to handle in Thailand but they somehow managed it better than others 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BigStar said:

And given that the feeling would be mutual, staying away works best for you and the Patts economy.

Agree ... nothing in Patts I need to buy or 'rent' that I can't find here.  Never needed P4P, so the Patts economy will have to continue without me ... ????

Nothing there for me to see or do, that isn't better elsewhere at points south of us, or locally.

Edited by KhunLA

18 hours ago, BigStar said:

But as you've called attention to your impressive awareness of stereotypical vids about Pattaya's famous red light district, you may watch those to your heart's content, as may the OP.???? Personally, having lived here for decades, I find those videos quite boring, esp. the idiot commentary over them.

Thanks for clarifying that.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

You have obviously never met him..........????

(those that know, will know).

Nookie as a word has a different connotation where I come from, something you'll find in the red light district.

On 11/4/2022 at 12:20 PM, proton said:

If you are interested in degradation, cheapish rough looking women, never ending pavement works, scammers on the beach, loud nightlife and terrible traffic it's just the place ????

I'd prefer this to an Issan Granny with a Thai ex husband in the next village.

Capture.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1